Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2019

But what band and album? I couldn’t work it out.

Ah, misread you, sorry! It was (parts of) the Numenorean album that made me think of Stevenage’s largest flour consumers

1 Like

New Full of Hell is out. Sounds a bit more death metal influenced and noise than before. Had a couple of listens and love it. expecting it to reveal a bit more with some more listens. Hopefully they’ll tour again soon as they were one of my gigs of the year in 2018

yes please.

If you tap the user icon in the top right of a reply post it shows you the original post which has been replied to. Really useful in threads like this with lots of different discussions going on!

Spotify’s ‘Fans Also Like…’ thingy for Numenorean led me to Wormwitch, I don’t think they’ve been mentioned in here although I’m sure I saw them on someone’s LastFM collage in the other thread. They’re similar, black metal with acoustic bits and melodic choruses, their latest album is excellent.

Not so sure about their videos although its nice to see The Hound from Game Of Thrones on drums there

1 Like

Possibly mine, I gave it a listen the other week. I need to revisit it actually.

I heard about it in a black metal facebook group that was started by a DiS user (@goatmeatmf ), not seen him post here for a long time, he used to do the odd black metal column on the main site a few years ago, this was one of the last ones;

The group also have a youtube channel which has some good lesser known releases. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyrY6Tk9f5WFsAlaqVXbWig

2 Likes

this is fucking great

1 Like

Do miss @goatmeatmf. Never quite got into black metal but I enjoyed reading his posts about about it.

Hoth have set their 2014 album Oathbreaker to free download, it’s some pretty good melodic black metal, er, based on Star Wars :face_with_raised_eyebrow: but try not to let that out you off, it’s free! From their Facebook;

"In celebration of 5 years since the release of Oathbreaker, we are offering the album for free (name your price) for the next 48 hours.

Head over to https://hothmusic.bandcamp.com/album/oathbreakerand get to downloading!

If you want any CDs, cassettes, or t-shirts, remember to use oathbreaker5yrs as a discount code to get 50% off any merch!

We just ask that you share this with all your friends! Thanks for all the support over the years! Keep underground metal alive!"

Image may contain: text

1 Like

'68 are touring again

Supporting A…

Just seen that Red Fang are releasing their new song via an app / game. You basically have to head bang with your phone and if you stop Red Fang dies! Matt Pike makes a cameo too

New record coming out 19th July. Yeeesssssss!

1 Like

Really liking the new Martyrdöd album, exciting and brutal crust with some melodeath elements

This Hoth record is sounding great. New band for me. Thanks for sharing.

Any Solo projects likely?

3 Likes

That took me a second or two, very good!

2 Likes

Slam Dunk festival this weekend, I’m fully expecting to spend some time watching heavier bands on my own while my mates watch All Time Low and Simple Plan… Any tips from the lower ends of the bill worth checking out?

Turnstil are worth checking out. A bit like Helmet in places, Employed to serve are great

2 Likes

New Russian Circles track up on Bandcamp:

They’re touring in August too - have never seen them so picked up a ticket for London.

4 Likes

Check out Angel Dust, Turnstile, The Bronx, Touche Amore, Tiny Moving Parts, Milk Teeth, Press to Meco. Also, definitely see a bit of Lagwagon if you can, excellent live band.

I’m going to the Hatfield one. See you in the pit*

*Standing near the back drinking a pint shouting for first album material

1 Like

You’re in for a treat - Arctangent will be my fifth time seeing them. They’ve been better every time… one of my favourite bands to see live. New album news has made my day and the track is sounding pretty solid on first impressions!

1 Like