Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2019

Any chance of some Dawnwalker live shows?

Loved the Bristol show. Robin is ace.

1 Like

We’re trying to get back up and running!

1 Like

Hey doomers, here’s a new one from Pallbearer

2 Likes

Conjurer headline tour and the London venue’s a cracker. Such a crushingly brilliant live act.

3 Likes

Fantastic! And llnn as well. That’s going to be intense.

Vocals are a bit “american” style for my taste, but pretty sweet black(ish) post metal from the border of Russia and Mongolia:

Intense indeed. New songs would be great. The Curse These Metal Hands track is a cracker. Listened to Brady on Musician’s Map podcast - well woth a listen.

Worth checking out LLNN? Not familiar with any of the supports.

Saw Conjurer support Conan at BMR and they were so good!

1 Like

LLNN are the most intense post metal I’ve ever heard. It’s like the abyss climbing in your ears and making you realise life is pointless and nothing but pain. I can only listen to 1 or 2 songs of theirs at a time.

I’m not sure if that’s a recommendation though :joy:

2 Likes

Sounds right up my street!

1 Like

Have you heard Amenra? This describes them.

1 Like

Sold!

I find Amenra a lot easier to listen to.

1 Like

LLNN, oof, yeah I see what you mean by intense! Maybe not totally up my street after all, there’s a maybe bit too much colossal weight and sludge for me, there’s far more aggression than Amenra. I think I’ll need to be in a different mood to listen to a whole album of this!

2 Likes

It’s messed up just how full on it is. I’ve no idea how they could play that live or if I could survive it :open_mouth:

2 Likes

That’s an awesome description. I may be too scared to listen though! :anguished:

You’ve nothing but your enjoyment of life to lose. :joy:

Gotta be worth a punt then. Where’s that abyss at?

1 Like

Dipped a toe in the abyss. Bandcamp led me first to Armada off Deads. Crushingly and atmospherically good. Liked it. Going in a bit further…

3 Likes

I think Elder is one of the most underrated bands in the modern era

3 Likes