Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2019

Check out the other “Batushka” album released in May, I think it’s better. Written by the original talent behind the band not by Bart, the unscrupulous git that nicked the name off him!

1 Like

Going to Thou / Moloch tonight :metal:

6 Likes

Sweet. You’ll have to report back. I’m off to the matinee in a practice room on Saturday. Can’t wait. Then off to The Body at Supersonic after which will be sweet.

Seeing Neurosis/Godflesh/Hey Colossus/Yob the night before also , gonna be a fun couple of days!

3 Likes

Wanted to go to that but I resent having to pay 40 quid for a bill that has Godflesh on it

1 Like

Going to this on Friday. Cannae wait. Bismuth are playing too. Love Bismuth.

I really want to see Yob more than any of the other bands but they’ll probably play 3-4 songs at most. Wish they were playing some date son their own while they’re over.

2 Likes

I saw Thou supporting Converge last year they were brilliant :metal:

1 Like

I’m really quite enjoying this brief slab of sludge/noise rock silliness atm

Looks like Caspar Brotzmann Massaker are playing a London date in November if anyone’s into them. http://www.old-empire.co.uk/events/2019/11/8/caspar-brtzmann-massaker-oslo

Southern Lord have been reissuing their albums of late too.

2 Likes

Tbf they were over quite recently. Just wish neurosis were doing a northern night as can’t really get down to London for it.

I had intended to listen to a lot of Torche and the Frightened Rabbit covers album this week but I’ve not touched either of them because I’m a bit obsessed with the new Wear Your Wounds album. So good.

1 Like

Yob are such a weird one for me. I saw them in a club in portland and they were quite apologetic about how much new material they were playing, but it was awesome. Then their next record came out and it seemed like none of it was on it. The 2/3 times i’ve seen them since have been kinda boring tbh. shrug.gif

Yeah i went more for Moloch tbh but they were only alright, Thou absolutely smashed it.

2 Likes

The new Falls of Rauros album is streaming in full here ahead of its Friday release

3 Likes

I’ve got a long ish train journey later, can anyone point me at a good Spotify playlist with some new black / thrash / sludge / doom / weird metal? Thanks love you x

Not really, but here’s one that’s a work in progress of the heavy stuff I’m loving ATM.
You might like it.

3 Likes

Ropey name aside, there’s some decent stuff on here

But definitely check out @UncleRetrospective’s playlist first!

1 Like

Followed and synced!

1 Like

Yep that’s the kind of thing I’m looking for, cheers.

1 Like

All my favourite Holy Toar and ex-Holy Roar bands in one list. And other awesomeness. Nice.

1 Like