Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2019

Thanks for the heads up by the way. I’ve now managed to rearrange my evening to some degree, so that I can at least get there for the start of CoL.

No worries. I’ve tried to do the same thing to see some of Brurus, accepting AA Williams is now sadly out of the picture. Hope everything goes according to (rearranged) plan for you!

1 Like

I’m going as well, maybe we can arrange a meet up. Somewhere in the venue by the looks of things

Fully done

I’d be up for this - assuming that I actually make it to Camden in time.

1 Like

Wish I was going to this. My buddy is one of the drummers (#namedropsorry) and he keeps posting outrageous stuff on his Instagram - the shows look amazing and absolutely HUGE

3 Likes

This is actually a really great list - lots to listen to for people of all tastes - can heavily vouch for Yellow Eyes (I may have mentioned…) but Blood Incantation, Lord Mantis, Tomb Mold, loads of the others also really great. Haven’t heard that no. 1 spot which I’ll rectify ASAP!

1 Like

Looks like Full of Hell had all their gear/merch/van stolen last night in Atlanta.

Gofundme link here

Good to see Immortal Bird and Esoteric on that list!

I’ve not been keeping up with heavy music lately so thanks for linking this, it’s giving me stuff to work through.

Favourite so far is the Have a Nice Life one but I’ve got the Exhorder one on now and it’s :fire:

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve been checking out the albums on there I’ve not heard, I really like Exhorder and Ossuarium so far. I need to revisit Yellow Eyes, I skipped over it a bit at the time for some reason, and I will never, ever understand the attention that Baroness get, they’re terrible

Some melodic sludge for this Sunday morning, courtesy of Chrome Ghost.

https://chromesludge.bandcamp.com/

1 Like

The end of Slayer

Found Tom Araya standing alone on the stage soaking it up one last time quite moving. Kerry King is still bit of a dick though.

1 Like

Saw them at the London show of this (very long) tour. Always had a soft spot for Slayer.

1 Like

Kerry King IS a dick though.

2 Likes

Did you go?

I saw them about a year ago on their farewell tour. Just played their entire set, all the classics, no talking except Tom Araya having some touching words at the end.

Hope this is it though. Go out impressing people. Don’t reunite in three years like Motley Crue.

3 Likes

Nah. They did come to Cardiff, which is about an hour from me, but I balked at sixty quid a ticket. Wish I had gone, really. I mean, I’m skint now anyway, so what difference did it make?

1 Like

This is some great epic DSBM, the length of the tracks combined with the guitar tone and huge trance inducing riffs remind me of Wolves in the Throne Room.

Saw Brutus support Cult of Luna last week and can’t get over how good this album is.
A sort of mix between punk, shoegaze and metal.

4 Likes

It’ll be appearing in my AOTY top 5, unless there’s a few very stunning albums with December release dates I don’t know about. I checked them out when I booked up to see CoL and was blown away.

1 Like