Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2019

managed to get tickets for Mutoid Man at the Black Heart this morning :metal:

anyone else going to The Armed next week?

Oof, that sounds like it’ll be incredible.

Dan Andriano has joined a band with Scott Ian from Anthrax and Keith from ETID. Interesting.

Here’s a band featuring Brian Cook from Botch/TAAS/Russian Circles/SUMAC, Stephen Brodsky from Cave In and Alan Cage from Quicksand

Int that band half of Fall Out Boy?

Steve Snere is also in a Jaguar Love vid (band with the drummer of PGMG)

I need to send @incandenza my ticket

yes I am hello hi. do we know who’s drumming yet?

nah. i dunno if it was even gonna be ben anyway? have absolutely no idea what their touring set up is, assume it’s a bit like United Nations with random touring members.

Possibly. Don’t think I heard of them first time round.

Kollers had some seriousarm injury recently an hasnt been out with Mutoid Man so I doubt hed be with The Armed

Sorry yeah that’s what I meant by ‘anyway’ - assume he wouldn’t tour with them even if he wasn’t injured as he was only drafted in for the recording of the second album right?

Just as an aside, it’s a broken elbow, and it honestly terrifies me that it’s such a serious injury that he might never play to the same standard again. One of the absolute greatest drummers of all time.

Brother-in-law got tix for me and sent me a live vid that I think is recent - had a chap in a ghillie suit and a girl in a catsuit running around in it and the tag suggested they were part of the live experience?! But who knows!

I hope there are no rules against asking for recommendations, but I have a question. I was on shrooms yesterday and was listening to Mastodon’s Crack the Skye. I don’t really listen to a lot of heavy stuff anymore, but I had a great time and was wondering what interesting stuff I might not know about. I guess what I’m asking is: are there any heavy albums you lot think I might get something out of?

If it helps, other records in this area I’m into are Opeth’s Heritage, Carcass’s Heartwork, Nattens Madrigal by Ulver and Bath by maudlin of the Well. Pretty basic but I want to go a bit further. I don’t really mind what period it’s from, either.

Mutyumu - Il y a
Kayo Dot - Hubardo
Have A Nice Life - Deathconsciousness

I always recommend rwake but I’m going to recommend them again because they’re the best.

weird proggy structures but not at all shiny and dream theater, feels like sweating one out in a swamp.

domovoyd, atomikyla & oranssi pazuzu are weird and psychy heavy bands that any right thinking person would enjoy

Alcest - Kodama, Ecailles de Lune or Les Voyages de l’Âme
Agalloch - Ashes Against The Grain or The Mantle
Wolves In The Throne Room - Two Hunters
ISIS - Oceanic
Cult of Luna & Julie Christmas - Mariner
Cult of Luna - Salvation

Bloody good list