Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2020

Nice! I love Bismuth. So good. Need to catch up on the last couple of Body/Void releases - I remember really enjoying one of their records a few years back and then promptly forgetting all about them.

1 Like

The new Envy track is :ok_hand:

4 Likes

yesss will be at the New Cross Inn date for sure (hiding from the pit)

3 Likes

Hopefully, I’ll be hiding behind you, using you as a human shield :smiley:

3 Likes

Ticket booked for London. Thanks for the heads up.

2 Likes

Dont know what I was expecting at this point, but even so …

New album from Unreqvited who released one of my favourite albums of 2018 (Stars Wept To The Sea). Blackgaze from Canada, largely instrumental aside from the background wails of anguish here and there low in the mix!

1 Like

Heard this last night, though it was really very good.

Having said that I only know Bleeding In The Blur and the one they did with Sliplnkot so I’m not sure if this is a good or bad example of their stuff.

Sounds like a shite NIN knockoff to me but maybe i’m just a cynical old bore

I’ll take a shite NIN knockoff over pretty much everything kerrang or rock sound puts on their covers these days to be fair. It’s not going to make my end of the year list (unless 2020 is spectacularly unimpressive) but I wouldn’t skip it on a spotify playlist, which is fairly high praise!

1 Like

They were good rather than passable once tho!

2 Likes

Mind you, I’ve not heard any new heavy music I’ve really loved for a few months now so I’m just listening to Municipal Waste, Iron Reagan and Power Trip on a loop, so my taste is all over the place

Clearly I need to dig a bit deeper, these are ace

That is totally a song I have now heard. Once should be enough…

Has anyone here seen Om live? Are they crushingly heavy or do they do loads of the chanting/quiet stuff that made the last album so mediocre?

Remember seeing them on a bill with Full of Hell and CTTS in a room above a pub and it was ACE. Strange how quickly they went shit

I saw that tour, was grand. I still think the second album is good. Not really that surprising when you can pinpoint the exact moment they went to shit

2 Likes

Nice bit of sludge from Portland

1 Like

seen them a few times and they have been great, and very heavy. I don’t think they have gone to shit though so who knows. I really liked the last album to nod away to another land to. When i have seen them (donkeys years ago now to be fair) they were genuinely heavy and great though.

Thinking about the tour with Pharoah Overlord? Worth going for them alone if you ask me. They have been a great band over the years, and whilst not as ‘heavy’ as they once were the last album is a stoner ktraut tour-de-force. Cant wait to see them again.