Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2021

Brudenell! I think I’ll have to get on that.

Time for my monthly Trna vinyl postponement email :roll_eyes:

“Dear Customer,

This is a notification to let you know that the release date of Istok Baby Blue has been changed to 2022-02-04 .

Kind Regards,
Candlelight Records Store”

1 Like

Something certain in these times of great uncertainty?

1 Like

I did get my t-shirt the other week!

1 Like

I hadn’t listened to the album in months. Great to dig back into it today. I’d forgotten how the vocals reminded me a little of Cedric Bixler at times.

thanks for the headsup about this, can’t believe I’ve never heard them before

1 Like

Bongzilla had one out last month too. For fans of: brain damaging riffs/doom

1 Like

good riffs! Not heard these before cheers. Will be revisiting for sure!

Also, can’t believe Bongzilla are still a thing…and are actually good! The latest one was pretty tasty

1 Like

Valkyrie’s first LP is a little rough but I read they recorded it when they were like 18 years old! This one gets going in the second half:

1 Like

I’m behind on my listening and posting but some of the heavy stuff I’ve had on recently includes

Gravesend:

Sludgy black death metal. Some good riffs and suitably filthy. You can feel the hate. (im sure there was another band called Gravesend from the UK but its not them)

Bismarck:

(last year Stoner doom – kinda like if OM had smoked a couple less bongs and added more stock growly vocals. Soome tasty riffs lurking in this though and nice spaced out bits

Stormkeep:

Was really surprised to see these follow up their last album with one so quickly and which is better! They bloody did it. Stormkeep flying the melodic BM flag higher than anyone else.

Ninkharsag:

Ninkharsag also doing a good job to be fair. Look at that Dissection-esque artwork! That’s all you need really but these are great fun also.

Decrepisy:

Horrible vicious death metal. Features someone from Vastum. This one really got hold of me when you’re in the mood for filth.

Geld:

This was last year but so good so have to include it. Weirdo psychedelic hardcore

Weedpecker ( :man_facepalming: :joy:)

These actually have a new LP out this year but I couldn’t really get into that. This one is great though. Like Elder really, but dreamier and do the blissed out bits a bit better but maybe don’t quite have the riffs. Nice record to drift away to. Terrible name mind :smiley:

5 Likes

oh, and of course…the halford christmas albums have been back in rotation :partying_face: :metal: :christmas_tree:

Portrayl of Guilt and Dawn Ray’d cancelled

1 Like

really burned myself out catching up on everything I’ve missed this year, but I’ll give some of these a go this week

1 Like

Another 2021 late comer, this is a nice little EP/album of melodic, quite raw black metal. Love the purple and black artwork.

3 Likes

this is really… nice in a way

it’s obviously not on Apple, nice search suggestions!

1 Like

it’s about that time of year :christmas_tree: :grinning:

1 Like

Absolutely love that Goodbye World album

raucous thrashcore with some powerviolence shouting and silly solos. Fucking outstanding.

Youth Attack piss me off though, you miss an album when its announced and its sold out most of the time. Its what he’s always done but arggggggggggggh. Especially when you’re in the UK.

I have no idea how to describe this. Heavy, with a singer sounding a bit like Mike Patton.
If I saw this in a club I’d have a hard time staying out of the pit.

something about the name El Moono has really tickled me :smiley: will check 'em out later

1 Like

I seem to remember that that Geld album was a good listen!

Am still spinning the King Woman ‘Celestial Blues’ album from earlier this year. Will have to have a refresh over what else I’m listening to that was released this year.

2 Likes