Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2021

Will go to WIITT/Bl/BW London date if it goes ahead :crossed_fingers:

What a line up. Desperate to see Blood Incantation so i think i will also. Cant make damnation i don’t think.

1 Like

I love Damnation. I don’t go, I just love the sheer amount of metalheads puttering about Leeds.

5 Likes

Bit ignorant of them to be honest but that band logo is quite something! :smiley:

2 Likes

All the old paysage d’hiver albums are on Spotify now. About ten of em

2 Likes

Where would a noob start plz?

I’m a new convert. Im Wald was my favourite of the two from 2020

1 Like

Ta I’ll check it out :+1:. Cover looks good on Spotify

Edit: it’s 2 hours long!

This came out in December. It’s a mix of alt rock and sludge / post metal, but some of the tracks remind me of Her Name is Calla.
Ignore the terrible, terrible name.

Das Tor or the self titled are good starters if the 2 hour Im Wald is a bit intimidating!

Edit. I’ve just noticed Das Tor is 70 minutes long! :grinning:

1 Like

never seen a metal band need subtitles on their logo until now

1 Like

I’m going through a bit of a late 90s black metal resurgence this week
this is killer

2 Likes

:metal: hell yeah, Immortal do some of the best riffy black metal from that period. When you’re in the mood they’re so much fun

2 Likes

Im Wald is probably my favourite out of what i have heard also…have a nice lie down :slight_smile:

1 Like

Enjoying this, again from last year but some nice symphonic black metal from colorado. Nice atmosphere, nice synths, nice chilly feel…

Stormkeep - Galdrum

1 Like

It’s a good album, I posted the artwork in the Best Artwork thread a few weeks ago.

If you haven’t you should give the Ancient Mastery album I posted further up thread a go, that came out at the start of the month and has a similar dungeon synth atmosphere amongst the excellent melodic riffs.

I must have missed that - just gone back and bookmarked to check out thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sylvaine is really great

Not heard of them before, quite enjoyed that, cheers! I will investigate further.

1 Like

Bloody loving this on first listen, and had no idea of its existence! Love how anthemic & hardcore-adjacent a lot of it is. Properly on that flex atm in terms of the heavy stuff I’m listening to.

1 Like