Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2021

I’m liking it don’t think it’s outstanding but its a decent listen

Ten tracks in less than 9 minutes! I’ve heard longer singles! :grinning: That makes Napalm Death seem long winded!

3 Likes

This Рожь song I have on now is longer than the whole album!

1 Like

I have the record that this first jambinai song is off. Its a really good record (I’d call it more experimental post rock than heavy as such) but I don’t listen to it as often as I should cos it’s a 2x10" faff.

1 Like

A year late but

3 Likes

Russia have done it again, this bloody rips! That riff in the opening track, love it!

FYI tickets out at 9am tomorrow… their ‘only’ show in 2021 apparently

Some new live recordings from Birushanah have just gone up on their Bandcamp. Tribal sludge metal from Japan featuring metal percussion.

Good notice

1 Like

Sounds great. But I’m on holidays :confused:

Just linking this in here as it’s a good album folks :smiley:

1 Like

Me too :frowning:

1 Like

Some excellent experimental doom from Sydney.

As per their bandcamp: ‘All proceeds from this release will go to Black Rainbow, a national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Sistergirl and Brotherboy (LGBQTI+SB) organisation in the pursuit of positive health and wellbeing for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander LGBQTI+SB*.’

2 Likes

Finally, new Amygdala! They are doing a split LP with Listless, who I’m listening to for the first time now and seem pretty good.

2 Likes

It’s taken forever! Last LP was killer so i’m gonna be all over this. Likewise Listless are new to me

Erdve have put their new album on YouTube.
Blackened hardcore, the two songs I’ve heard of it are just so over the top heavy that it’s nuts.

1 Like

ONDA is awesome, the first track Sawtooth has an amazing build up to it.

A band that should probably have been my cup of tea, but never quite clicked despite various attempts. Sad news in any case…

Reissues of Panopticon and Oceanic by Isis up for pre-orders: