Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2022

Positively enormous compilation (130 tracks!) released 04/11 (Bandcamp Friday)

“The Black Metal Rainbows Compilation Album is a show of strength: 100+ underground and black metal, noise, and electronic artists coming together in support of LGBTQ youth.

From blackened grind to epic black metal, blackgaze to dungeon synth, noise to avantgarde, this massive compilation of queer, trans, leftist, anarchist and antifascist bands from the global underground will raise money for charities helping LGBTQ youth: The Trevor Project, Mermaids, Minus 18, The International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex (LGBTQI) Youth & Student Organisation, and more!”

4 Likes

Random trawl through the thread and now I’m likely lost forever in a Damian Ojeda discography maze, pretty brilliant place to be lost like had never heard of Sadness/Life before, cheers

2 Likes

good solid hardcore stuff here

Also @TAFH33 , it would be remiss of me not to mention this also…

4 Likes

And now Hit Like A Girl have gone hardcore in a similar change of style for an EP

Now on Ticketswap

Oh, it’s amazing how much a vocalist makes a difference, this is great.

1 Like

Terrible video :smiley: But that’s a great song.

1 Like

I was not aware of the existence of this! Great cover!

1 Like

Reminds me of this recent one

Great song but the videos so…awkward

It came on a 7 inch with some of the first pressing of somewhere along the highway…mine didn’t have it which is annoying - i’ve tried to get one alone to stick in as i have the right pressing but to no avail :frowning:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

It was a cheap shot :smiley:

1 Like

impressive leg spread though :smiley:

1 Like

Only just got round to listening to brutus. Sounds good. Someone should do a trance remix of the first track from the new one

Theyre touring in a couple of weeks

Just checked the dates. Might’ve done Leeds but I’m off to Malaga (and probably going for black midi the week after)

Finally! Hoping to go back next year.

https://roadburn.com/roadburn-announces-first-names-for-2023-including-deafheaven-julie-christmas-and-david-eugene-edwards/

Hoping CoL end up joining me Julie at this next year (and that i can sort myself out for tickets).

Chat Pile and an interesting sounding WITTR show as well as Ken Mode and Show Me The Body who didn’t properly click but would like to see them.

6 Likes

Yeah! Always nice to see Corgan’s influence popping up in heavy bands. The font is a nice touch too.

Mods?

Corgan has the best voice for heavy music. His screaming live is absolutely insane.

2 Likes

Chat Pile and Ken Mode been touring the US together so hopefully Roadburn forms a stepping stone to a EU and UK tour for the pair of them :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes