Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2022

Dream Unending are back … If one year between albums counts as being away. Slightly more proggy take on death doom this time round.

1 Like

Remember when Deafheaven went black metal for one song!? Came on my BM shuffle this morning. What a banger. They should do more!

2 Likes

They were awful when I saw them at primavera

I saw them Friday and they were amazing. Just so, so good. :smiley: And the sound was perfect and loud, but no painfully so. (With earplugs)

1 Like

yeah i thought they were fucking incredible at ArcTanGent earlier this year. was supposed to see them on Saturday in Belfast but my flights were cancelled. glad you enjoyed! did you see Sugar Horse too?

1 Like

I did. They were so much better than in London on the Conjurer tour. The sound was spot on and they put on a good show.

2 Likes

good loud black metal

1 Like

Another ridiculously prolific one man band, eight full lengths and three EPs since 2017! Really enjoyed Eternity of Shaog from 2020 and last year’s D’yth Requiem but found this one a little too intense, I should probably give it another go.

1 Like

Going to have a listen to it in full today

Got this on at the moment which is quite comforting, almost proggy (?) black metal

Nice album of post black from Birmingham UK. After a couple of listens I’m still not 100% about the choral style clean vocals, they come across a bit weak and can sometimes get swamped by the riffs, if I was being unkind I’d say it’s like Aled Jones got bored of Songs of Praise and decided to give post black metal a go! But they work quite nicely in the slower more post rock passages and the harsh vocals are good, also the fact that I keep wanting to go back and listen to it again means they obviously don’t bother me that much!

I would say if you like bands like Alcest etc to definitely give this a go.

1 Like

Ripcord Records are now the UK distributor for the Vendetta label. I’ve just ordered the Ante-Inferno vinyl for £15 so we’ll see how their delivery is etc.

http://ripcordrecords.limitedrun.com/

2 Likes

I forgot to link this here yesterday, just in case you all missed it :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

ha! my mates band. Posted it upthread when it came out…its pretty great. Seeing them on sat with underdark and the suns journey through the nigh which should be fun

1 Like

I’ve ordered off these before with no problems so fingers crossed. Ante Inferno are playing soon also. Hopeful i can make it

Ah sorry, should have checked if it had been posted previously :roll_eyes:

1 Like

arrived today.

1 Like

Just getting into these and liking what I’ve heard so far (I’m prob a little more noise rock inclined than BM though).

High Command are good, a less thrashy Toxic holocaust

1 Like

Napalm Death supporting Volbeat on an arena tour with Skindred is odd

What was the consensus on Conjurer’s Pathos here? It didn’t really stick at the time and I moved on quickly as I had a few recent discoveries I was loving. Gone back to it today (realised my copy was still in its wrapping!) and … Pretty sure it’s not going to stick again. Nothing bad about it but none of the songs really feel like songs, each is about 6 songs smashed together with chugs. Not a patch on Mire. Real shame, had high hopes.

2 Likes