Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2023

Does the thought of a series of five albums, each consisting of two 20 minute tracks of huge walls of noise, blast beats, hypnotic synths, repetitive riffs and barely recognisable as human screams and wails buried under a chaotic swirling atmosphere of dread have you reaching for the off button? If so then maybe stop reading now, for everyone else, I give you Voidsphere!

Voidsphere are a part of the mysterious Prava Kollektiv along with Arkhtinn, Pharmakeia, Mahr and Hwwauoch, other than that little is known, Metal Archives lists their members as (none).

Starting with 2017’s To Call | To Speak, they released one album a year up until 2021’s superb To Overtake | To Overcome, each following the same aesthetic pattern, two tracks, each around the 20min mark, each entitled, in the case of the last album The Void Overtakes & The Void Overcomes.

As I type this I have The Void Exists coming in through my headphones pummelling me into submission, lovely stuff!

“Voidsphere is worship of the void. It is that, and only that. Voidsphere Pràva.”

6 Likes

Love the sound of this. Will dive in when I get a chance.

2 Likes

After a patchy ep, Sugar Horse are back on form.

5 Likes

Lost myself in the Void last night!

3 Likes

Ah, that’s really fucking good isn’t it? Might be one of their best songs I reckon.

2 Likes

Another month, another hour of new tunes! The Mire XIV is now available;

4 Likes

Gel’s new album is as ace as expected

3 Likes

also this Vitriolic Sage might be up there for BM releases for me this year

1 Like

Quite fancy this

3 Likes

Ill be doing that

1 Like

Just got a ticket for Manchester :+1:

1 Like

Always up for a bit of Fen!

Who are ellende?

That cover + title + corpsepaint makes me think they will be brilliant

2 Likes

They are pretty good, I really need to revisit that album from last year actually

1 Like

How much was it? Seems rather early to be announced and on sale

much riffier than I expected

bit annoyed its good, didnt want more reason to regret missing them the other week

£24

Oof

Played all five simultaneously. Sounded good.

1 Like