Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2023

Are you just saying it’s great black metal for you or is this an actual genre? :smiley: (And if it is, what is it?)

It’s what the band call themselves, no idea if it goes beyond them! I can kinda hear it, mind.

1 Like

just the opposite of depressive black metal really, a sound to make you uplifted

Missed that there was a new Mizmor record last week. Always like what I hear but very rarely listen, genuinely just don’t have enough time for properly sprawling stuff. Think I made it through the Thou collab from start to finish about twice!

3 Likes

Yeah, i really like this one. I didn’t think he’d beat Cairn to be honest but i think he may well have with this.

1 Like

New Mutoid Man absolutely shreds.

3 Likes

Black Birch have released their seventh (!) single of the year

think they might be rivalling Agriculture though for releases of the year

This came out this morning. Cosmic/atmospheric/avant-garde black metal. Being on I, Voidhanger Records pretty much guarantees it won’t be your normal run of the mill cosmic BM, and it isn’t, very interesting stuff. FFO Esoctrilihum, Andavald or Haunter

“The foundation of “Panspermic Warlords” is based on the theory of Panspermia, which itself has no scientific basis. The theory assumes that all life in the universe comes from the same origin. As such, life has been spread throughout the universe via stardust, meteorites, or even spaceships.”

3 Likes

you had me at COSMIC

1 Like

Ha me too.

Just about to slam this on and go for a walk in search of a sweet treat.

1 Like

It’s another band from those Morrow / Fall of Efrafa folks.

‘Anti-fascist Emo crust’

Lovely stuff.

4 Likes

yesssssssssssssssssssss! another trilogy!?!

great pedigree, great (if expected) description. I’m in!!!

Still meaning to pick up that last morrow record - it was great

1 Like

I’m just about finished my first full listen through. It sounds exactly like you might expect. Reliably brilliant.

1 Like

Ah, they played a free show down the road from me last week. Will give this a spin.

1 Like

Got tickets for these in 2 weeks, very excited

2 Likes

Not bothered listening to them for ages so can’t speak to the nu metal elements, but (and I’ve made this point before) I still hear a lot of people talking about how original and unique they are. They’re only unique if you’ve never heard Godflesh, Nine Inch Nails, Slipknot, Converge and Botch as you said, Ministry, Korn, a host of modern run-of-the-mill metalcore types, Lamb of God etc. I remember when ‘Forever’ came out and I liked it, but I was like ‘yeah, this has all been done before’.

just listening to this for the first time, fuck me 🫨

2 Likes

not seen Gottlieb mentioned on here anywhere, just come across them. really solid stuff.

think Chat Pile x La Dispute is my lazy description but it works better than that sounds

1 Like

crusty

Looking forward to this tomorrow, bloody love that Stormkeep album!

2 Likes