Rolling Heavy Music Thread 2023

I’d forgotten just how good this is.

probably :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Another quality EP of ethereal doomish post metal from Telesterion. This is the 4th one from them in the past year and they’ve all been really good. Doesn’t seem to be much about them online which adds to the mystique. Bandcamp says 'Rites performed by the Priests of Demeter: Celeus, Dioclese, Eumolpos, Triptolemus, Polyxeinus :metal:

I think the tour is over unfortunately but fuck me Dawn Ray’d were good live on saturday night. Really bloody good! Really passionate and in your face. Still haven’t listened to the new one but picked it up as why not!

but yeah, they get around a bit so would highly recommend them live even if the record is a bit flat

1 Like

As much as I would like White Tomb and Mammal on vinyl (I already have Teethed Glory vinyl), not sure I can justify €85 + shipping :confused:

1 Like

I loved James Kelly’s WIFE stuff, hadn’t really delved into black metal when he released it. Perhaps I’ll go back to Altar of Plagues.

Off to see Wormrot tonight

3 Likes

Ah nice!

Let me know how you get on. Seeing them on Saturday.

1 Like

Will do, I am a bit less enthused than I should be because its sold out at the White Hotel so its going to be a cramped and hot room but oh well!

I feel the same tbh. They are playing a tiny and sweaty bar near my place. Even on non sold out nights it can be a bit much in there, so it is going to be pretty intense.

last time I was at this venue tonight it was for Portrayal of Guilt/Thou and I don’t think it was sold out (but it may have been if they sold tickets on the door) and we could barely get in the room - doesn’t help its almost pitch black too. Going to just get there early and not drink to avoid having to go to the bar/toilet

1 Like

Was a great tour. Saw them at The Underworld.

Same plan here. I’m on my own, so won’t drink (much), will just find a perch and stay put.

I feel similar about Dawn Ray’d. I thought the newest album was OK but to be honest, they were so much better live last Friday that I’ve struggled to go back to it.

The new Liturgy however, I absolutely love. One of my albums of the year I think.

1 Like

Saw this on Stereogum, just about scratches my need for Capsule-like music in my life:

Speaking of which, members of Capsule and Torche have a new band:

1 Like

How were Wormrot?

Be an early gig if I’d seen them already! Its tonight hah

Genuinely read your post as if it was last night for some reason. Bloody hell. :smiley:

1 Like

Would be quite up for more gigs finishing before say 9pm though

3 Likes

Oh same, I feel ancient now, plus having a kid I can’t be arsed to stay out to late anymore.

Saw Kerbdog last week in that London and the gig finished at 9:45pm, absolutely brilliant.

3 Likes

I’ve asked for it for my birthday! unlikely but maybe the family will pool together. I’ve already got Mammal but want the other two. Its going to be lovely im sure

1 Like