Jazz Chat (Rollin')

I actually only heard thw track they put out early, but want to dive in soon. Glad it is awesome!

1 Like

Binker and Moses at the Harrogate Festival Spiegeltent last night. It was a small, seated crowd and they were finished by half nine, but they’re incredible musically.

They seemed to ease into their set and by the second half were more relaxed and chatty with the crowd. First time I’ve seen them, and definitely won’t be the last…

1 Like

Picked this up on vinyl and it turned up this morning. Been listening to it on Spotify since then. Bit disappointed I didn’t get a gate fold with the other versions of the songs like digital version.

dunno if this is jazz really but it is absolutely great

Just picked up a reissue of this sick live album. Don Cherry playing with the Swedish Bitter Funeral Beer Band. For fans of his Organice Music Society work, deep spiritual vibes with a strong indian and african influence.

3 Likes

oh man this is incredible!

Hey Jazz fans
Danielle Perry is hosting DiS’ show on Soho Radio from 4-6pm and it’s Jazz special. Danielle’s joined by Tom Herbert who’s in various bands, including DiS favourites The Invisible. Expect tunes from Alice Coltrane, Charles Mingus and much more.

Listen online at sohoradiolondon.com or via their app or using TuneIn on your connected devices (Sonos, Alexa, etc).

Been really into some Kenny Burrell lately. Smooth smokey bluesy jazz. Smashing record here and my probably his finest work imo.

Liking the new Roller Trio.

Excellent

The new Brandon Coleman single on Brainfeeder is phenomenal.

Kamasi Washington is on it on sax obvs.

1 Like

Loving Nubya Garcia at the moment.

3 Likes

Anyone else in to the new Onyx Collective LP? Picked it up on the strength of a recommendation in a record shop, great improvised modern jazz.

Can someone recommend some good jazz piano albums? Solo piano is good. Accompanying instruments OK if it is piano centric

Michael Wollny - Weltentraum (trio album)
This is a real favourite of mine, except the last track which is annoying.

Elliot Galvin trio - Dreamland

Gwilym Simcock - Good days at Schloss Elmau

Give these a whirl, might find something you like.

Great shout, don’t know them but liking what I’ve heard so far

1 Like

A bit abrasive for me.

3 from the big dogs:

Mingus Plays Piano

Everybody Digs Bill Evans

Solo Monk

3 Likes

Damn straight!