Rolling Little Simz Thread

Slightly unfair to Kiwanuka to group him in with the company of the other two.

Anyway, came in here in response to the Inflo chat because he’s apparently in this new band SAULT.

For fans of ESG? Anyway yeah really like the Little Simz album to stay on topic.

Did a search for little Simz because I am in LOVE. Heinously late to the party but boy :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

8 Likes

@anon73286315 You mind if we repurpose this (maybe rename?) to be a Little Simz rolling thread?

New single is a real statement of intent. The bombast of the orchestration and quality of production from Inflo, the striking imagery in the video of riot footage and the dancing in the empty Natural history Museum, and just a great track overall bodes really well for the album. The album artwork which also looks great, and clearly nodding to Cardi B which signals the ambition behind this record.

edit: (wasn’t specifically meant as a reply to tilty)

11 Likes

Great single. Really excited for this album - I think Grey Area is one of the best albums of the past 5 years.

Also, not sure if we ever got to the bottom of the Inflo chat up there^, but the first guy (Dean Josiah Cover) is definitely Inflo. The articles crediting Alex Baranowski as Inflo are wrong.

2 Likes

incredible! Probably end up album of the year if it lives up to this

1 Like

Oh fuck this is good.

1 Like
8 Likes

She is :fire: :fire: :fire:

1 Like

Both these new tracks have been superb!

Very very late to this one but fucking hell she’s good.

(Also turns out she’s the character of Shelley in the Netflix Top Boy revival show.)

1 Like

Great track! Inflo’s production is just so smooth. Cleo Sol too <3

Don’t want to listen to either much until the album drops, but it sounds so promising from the two singles

1 Like

Like this one even more than the first one.

I think they are both excellent, although the first one is a couple of minutes longer than it needs to be

Agree on both points

7 Likes

Pretty hideous poster but fair play to her on being able to play those sorts of venues at this stage in her career! Very glad I got to catch her with a couple of hundred people at the last Primavera :slight_smile:

I lost my shit when I saw her at All Points East the other year, her ability to rap is mind blowing, so talented.
Good performance on Jools Holland tonight as well.

I’m a bit worried about the new album, seems like an opportunity to go stratospheric and get the recognition she deserves but the first couple of released tunes don’t have the bangers she can do to cross over. Don’t get me wrong, I’d be happy with an Erykh / Janelle introspective one but she’s been there before and a big hit would be ace. There’s money being spent by the label on vids and stuff so that’s promising.

Also, sure you’ve seen it but the initials of the record title spells out Simbi - her name.

it’s this really recorded live? It’s goddamn immaculate. Might have to muster some funds for a live date

4 Likes

Missed her playing Glasgow last time as I went to see the Chromatics who were playing the same night. Wish to fuck I hadn’t bothered with the Chromatics.
New tracks sounds brilliant.

1 Like

This is absolute class, love it!