Rolling NFL Thread

Sean Payton said all the signs look like he’s going to be alright. Good news as looked horrible at the time.

Think the Rams are actually the real deal…

It’s not quite the same style of football, but this is really reminiscent of the Rams ‘Greatest Show on Turf’ team from when I first started watching football. There’s such a variety of receiving options and lots of clever ways McVay gets the ball to them.

1 Like

I missed the third quarter, looks like they just went nuts

Goff threw a 94yd TD to Woods and they’ve just not stopped from there. Defense has been giving them incredible field position for the most part this half. Strip sack to set the last TD to Watkins up.

1 Like

Also helps when Gurley is cutting a 30+ yard run when you’re backed up inside your own 15 yard line :sunglasses:

Adrian Clayborn is a beast

The Giants are in contention…for the No. 1 draft pick

Speaking of the Rams, can we just remember that this time last year they were basically this same team, only with Jeff Fisher in charge? I reckon he could have sucked the life out of Aaron Rodgers.

Can’t quite fathom how the Coliseum is still half full each week. I know we were stinking up the place yesterday but this is a 7-2 team!!! LA is such a joke

2 Likes

Welcome back to the fray… I’ve personally missed your enthusiasm for the Falcons (even though I hate them). Your biggest issue this year might be the strength of the division and the NFC in general - there are going to be a lot of teams vying for the wildcard spots, and atm i can’t see either you or the Panthers knocking us off the top - that can always change after we play you in ATL though.

6 sacks in a game is a madness.

1 Like

We’re way better coached on both sides of the ball which is a big difference. The play calling on offense especially has just been night and day compared to last year. McVay knows how to mix things up and get creative with his plays.

But they’ve so upgraded the playing squad quite a bit as well. They’ve not really done anything flashy but have upgraded in some key areas through Free Agency and the Draft.

Whitworth has made a huge deal at Left Tackle. We haven’t had an All-Pro calibre guy on that side of the line since Pace retired and it shows. That’s helped solidify the whole of the O-Line and opened the passing and running games up.

Woods and Watkins are definitely upgrades on Britt and whoever the no. 2 was last year. Kupp is great out of the slot. Everett has actual play making ability from TE.

I think we’d have been a bit better last year with McVay and Phillips calling plays but the Front Office have actually low key assembled a pretty good roster. No real superstars (Gurley and Donald aside), but plenty of players who fit the system.

Really like how the gamepass editing teams are improving the 40 minute versions by seemingly cutting it down to just the plays, then re-adding replays/brief discussion of important plays until the running time is close to 40 min (as opposed to almost only showing replays of touchdowns and turnovers).

NFC is great atm. Wonder how much of the rams and (to a slightly lesser degree) the eagles records reflect their schedule, but you can’t deny the margins of victory, and both have the game style to come back from behind. Saints look really good, I think they’re my pick atm. Haven’t even needed Brees to open up yet, but you know he’s there if it comes to it. Saints Vikings rematch for the championship would be fascinating

Just bet against the Eagles/Vikings/Lions in the playoffs

I thought for a moment you meant you were betting on none of those teams making it to the playoffs, and I was like ‘CHECK OUT THIS GUY’S ONIONS’.

What were your odds? Gotta be two from Washington, Detroit, Seattle, Carolina, Dallas, maybe Atlanta for wild card?

(Not sure about lions - nice schedule, but… If they beat Chicago in detroit next weekend then I’d lean yes. Massive game for Chicago after Sunday though)

I think I’ve just seen the Vikings blow it too many times to ever trust them in the playoffs. And the world might just topple off its axis if the Lions ever made it to the Super Bowl. I’m probably just being mean about the Eagles because of the Andy Reid era. I think Carolina are a good bet in the NFC

hang on, so you ARE betting on none of those teams making it? Or betting on not all of them making it?

Or you haven’t made any bets at all, and you’re projecting forwards? Apologies, I’m quite confused :slight_smile:

I mean assuming they do get to the playoffs, they won’t make the Super Bowl. No actual bets, just my hunches!

1 Like

Tend to agree - not sure Minnesota have a super elite D that they’d need to rely on through a playoff campaign with either Keenum or a rusty Bridgewater. Maybe I’m underestimating that offence still. Lions just aren’t good enough in a number of areas - D is average, they can’t punch it in when inside the redzone, running game is meh. Tough call for second year QBs to lead a team (although Gurley is ace). Carolina would need to get on a roll, so inconsistent - maybe Olsen will be the change they need.

Jameis in ‘being a cunt’ shocker

Quite like these packers kits

1 Like