Rolling NFL Thread

I’ve heard it said a few times that Atlanta is a team that a lot of the really good teams don’t want to see, because their ceiling is still so high that they could blow anyone away (or at least remove control and turn it into a shootout). I don’t think they’ll win it as they’re too inconsistent (see also Panthers, C.), but they’ve definitely got something to say about who will.

Think I’m going to go for the saints at this point. ‘Let drew brees open it up and throw it’ is probably the best plan B in the league.

1 Like

I’ve just done a playoff predictor and… I have the Blake Bortles led Jags in as the second seeds in the AFC :expressionless:

I also have the 10-6 falcons missing out, not even on a tiebreaker.

AFC - Pitt Jack NE LAC Bal KC
NFC - Phi Minn NO Sea LAR Car

Chargers would have to win out or miss out with this though. Massive game away at KC this weekend. I think NE will only have to play one of LAC and Pitt if they lose to pittsburgh, which wouldn’t be bad compensation for playing the wild card game.

state of that AFC playoff lineup :smiley:

1 Like

The call who goes out: ‘Who will stop Brady/Roethlisberger?’
sees likely AFC playoff lineup
…crap, we’re doomed

1 Like

I don’t think anyone wants to play the Chargers right now, and I think if they get in they’d have to win out, putting them on a 7 game streak. They’re a bit brittle on D though, not sure how much depth they have.

1 Like

tbf Ravens seemed quite unlucky the other night buuut still don’t see them beating either in the playoffs. Would be ridiculous if it’s anything other than a Pats/Steelers shudder AFC final

Part-time fan.

If i’m having a little bet now on any team to win the Superbowl where should i put my money? How often do the teams who blitz their conference win it? How important is recent form? I see there have been a few big injuries, are there any in particular i should be aware of before putting my money down (Wentz, etc)?

Thanks in advance.

The safest bet is always the Pats, but as @incandenza said, even they don’t look quite as dominant. Could actually be the Steelers :weary:

1 Like

I’d go Steelers (proven, experienced offense, with a qb who’s won it before) for my short odds, Chargers for longer odds (experienced qb again, lots of talent, but could effectively be knocked out if they lose this weekend)

1 Like

I like the Browns chances this year

1 Like

La la superbowl would be weird, but if the chargers make the play-offs, got a sneaky feeling it might happen

3 Likes

(But equally good chance the chargers lose to the chiefs in a staggeringly stupid way this weekend then miss out on the playoffs due to a missed fieldgoal [following an icing] in the dying seconds of o/t in the last game of the regular season)

2 Likes

Despite (because??) Im a dolphins fan, ive been watching the chargers highlights first up on gamepass pretty much every week this season.

The unbelievable losses, zero fans, weird stadium, angry rivers, keenen allen… its been a hell of a season

2 Likes

Really thought they’d find a way to lose to the browns

That’s a tad unfair, they were actually quite unlucky to lose last week

That’s the point of the Browns. It wouldn’t be right if they were getting pummelled every week. Their raison d’etre is finding new, imaginative ways to lose football games

3 Likes

Michael Matthews to win it all.

With the rise of online gaming… I assume you wangs are already down with this.

There was one of these in Meadowhall last night, but everything is so lung-crushingly expensive I just couldn’t justify it. I really tried, too.

I have so much merch now…

Jersey (Calvin Johnson)
Jersey (Barry Sanders, found in a Cardiff vintage shop)
Christmas jumper
Wooly hat
Scarf
Caps x 2
T-shirt
Weird technical training shirt with collar thing

And I’ve asked for a new cap for Christmas (black on black, cool as fuck)