Rolling shoegaze / dreampop thread 2018

shoegaze
nugaze
dreampop

That is absolutely brilliant

Came out last year but only heard it earlier this year.

This is such a good record!

I went to Portland in like 2011 and there was this big street festival thing I went to, these guys were playing. I was just walking past and they were so good I stopped to watch. So glad they’re still going and at also killing it.

Really into this. Cheers!

Every time I listen to Cocteau Twins I always think they’re the greatest band of all time. I can’t think of any other band that makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck like they do. Had another listen to Heaven and Las Vegas today and it hasn’t dated at all.

Watcha @Antelope, feels like I’ve not seen you on the boards for ages. How’s tricks?

Some dream pop list action over at p4k

Some videos Chris Ott did on shoegaze, mostly about the american side of things in the 90s. Very good stuff

Here’s a podcast of his about Going Blank Again and M B V, also very good

http://www.shallowrewards.org/podcast/ride-to-nowhere/

also: meme

Swirlies! If you’re reading this thread and you haven’t listened to either of their first two albums then do so straight away!

Hey man yes it has been far too long! Been really busy with moving and starting a new job, also in the middle of a show at the moment which is eating up a lot of my time so barely get a chance to post here! Mostly end up just browsing when I get the chance. How are things with you?