Rolling Shoegaze / Dreampop Thread 2019

I could hear a difference (which surprised me as normally I don’t) but I preferred the versions before so sold the new version and kept the prior releases

Just noticed they are gone from Play Music…thankfully my library is uploaded to Play Music - for transient listening and playlist listening - but this doesn’t help my quest to move away from Google dependance!

this is an incredible song that I’ve listened to a shit-ton over the past couple of months. I love the band’s description: “mom rock for goths.”

Liking this at the minute

This is nice

As much as I love Japanese shoegaze, one of my pet peeves of the genre (if you can call it a genre) is when the vocalist sings random ass English without having the slightest idea what they’re saying. Sometimes it’s fine and the band can get away with it, but this song here is a classic example of Let’s Fighting Love syndrome unfortunately. It’s ruins an otherwise nice composition.

Really liking this. Their debut S/T album’s now out (produced by yer man from Ringo Deathstarr).

The new For Tracey Hyde album is also pretty sweet

Was listening to this earlier. Fairly decent.

These guys toured with Blushing and Ringo. Cherry Blossom is great:

2 Likes

Never heard these mentioned but loving what I’ve heard so far. Japanese band that sound a lot like early Mew with some shoegazey and twee bits thrown in;

@anon89873996 @Gnometorious @Avery

2 Likes

Longwave’s new album If We Ever Live Forever is out today. It’s their first in 11 years or so, and since I’ve been a fan of the band since 2004, today is a pretty big deal for me! I’ve given it a couple of listens through already and am really liking it. Anybody who’s fond of spacey, shoegaze-tinged rock music would do well to check it out; the first track is an absolute belter. I’d put the video for the lead single (the title track) in this post, but it’s a bit limp and by far the worst song on the album, so here’s this one instead…

1 Like

Can’t stop listening to the new Diiv album.

It really is brilliant isn’t it?

Yeah, they’ve absolutely nailed the slighlty fuzzier sound

Love all their stuff but this new album is their best I think.

A.A. Williams deserves to be massive. Saw her last night and the new songs sound amazing.
This track is really good, best thing I’ve heard from Mono in ages.

4 Likes

Japanese shoegaze / dreampop bands

1 Like

are Whirr still homophobic assholes?

1 Like