Rolling Shoegaze / Dreampop Thread 2019

Is Bliss have a new album this week. Very noisy and early Spiritulized like.

Should be great.

https://soundcloud.com/club-ac30/is-bliss-what-to-believe

Rev Rev Rev are over in October:

New Manon Meurt single is lovely.

1 Like

This is really good, so much going on.

1 Like

Love this tune, never heard of them before, good shout.

Never heard of the band before, but this is fantastic. I especially love the cosmic vibes of the opening three or so minutes.

1 Like

Oh man, so much to check out since opening this thread! I don’t have much to add on mobile but I still really love Holy Fawn’s latest and also Deafcult

1 Like

DEAFCULT :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That Holy Fawn album really is amazing isn’t it. Heard it loads of times. Still can’t stop playing it.

2 Likes

So two albums that think you lot should give a try.

The first is the new Is Bliss album, a mix of Galaxie 500, early Verve and Spacemen 3 / Spiritulized.
It’s their first album and is brilliant.

The second is Delta Mainline, more Krautrock and Spiritulized influenced than pure Shoegaze but I’m sure people here will like it.

Folk Stories & Fairytales is a fantastic opener, Krautrock for 4 minutes that then goes for full bliss when the choir come in.

Visions of post America has a scuzzy rock start, switches into the Electric Mainline and then shoots for the stratosphere when the choir returns.

2 Likes

Is Bliss is a great LP. Never heard Delta Mainline before. Is a massive sound, so much going on but it works. Really like that Visions of post America tune.

1 Like

Can’t listen to these at the moment but I love them just from the descriptions.

1 Like

yah that In Bliss tune is great!

1 Like

lol, accidentally searched In Bliss on Spotify and thought you’d all lost your minds…

1 Like

Yep, went to find the album on spotify late last night and thought I had lost my mind

1 Like

Anyone else noticed that My Bloody Valentine’s albums and eps have been removed from Spotify?

Oh god - maybe he’s remastering the remasters…

It’s awful but I truly couldn’t tell the difference between the two versions of Loveless on there. Weren’t they mis-labelled, one as the other, too? I could never quite work out which was the new and improved version…

1 Like

Couldn’t hear a difference either

Do you want me to lend you a CD? :slight_smile:

Got all of it at home, cheers. Just not at the office!

1 Like