Rolling Star Wars Thread

Preemptively irked with ROTJ not being third

3 Likes

I loved 'em both. And TLJ.

TLJ okay
reguo great
solo come on. ‘loved’? you loved solo. which parts would you say you loved the most

1 Like

Well, I fully expected to hate it because, well, who can replace Prof H Ford OBE in the role, but I thought whatshischopswhosecareerdiedafterwards did a pretty good job - the humour was ok (if rehashing the cynical droid thing from Rogue One), it was fairly good fun. That said, it might zero sense timeline wise. I’d still rewatch it over any of the prequel trilogy. Rogue One was a cut above, possibly second favourite film of the lot.

1 Like

me too but that’s because the PT sucks.

I can buy ‘didn’t mind’ or even ‘quite liked’ solo but i’m not letting you have ‘loved’ :smiley:

1 Like

Solo only exists for the purposes of people debating why Solo failed. As an actual film with a story and lights and sounds etc, it does not exist.

Alright, “quite liked” (and thought unfairly maligned)…

The last 45 minutes of Rogue One are the best 45 minutes in all Star Wars

6 Likes

I think Rugo is overrated and Solo is fine, where are my indie points.

4 Likes

We stand amidst MY achievement, not YOURS.

:hot_face: republic daddy

1 Like

I love rogue one but the daft - ooo we have to reach this important but oddly difficult to get to button / data bits just bring me out of it too much.

1 Like

I think it got a lot of hype for being “Ooh it’s Star Wars but it’s like actually about the toll of war, yeah?” which didn’t really wash for me, yeah it might have had a bit more jeopardy and a downer ending but it also had a lot of point A to B mcguffin nonsense. I liked it fine, but it’s not that good.

Solo was a very pleasant romp, lots of good character actors giving good showings, pretty nonsensical but a good easy watch.

4 Likes

i will concede that bettany was dece

And Woody Harrelson! And Donald Glover!

2 Likes

both of whom certainly acted in the film

2 Likes

the actual toll of war is perfectly conveyed with the sad noise the Ewok makes when he prods his dead pal edit: in ROTJ obvs

12 Likes

It got talked about as possibly a heist movie beforehand, so I wanted Ocean’s 11 in space, people distracting Grand Moff Tarkin while others sneak into a vault, etc. At the absolute minimum I wanted a planning scene in front of a whiteboard with everyone in the squad being given tasks appropriate to their speciality. Got none of it.

4 Likes

little model starships being pushed around a board

3 Likes

Very down with him getting his own D+ Lando show.

Reckon you’ll get your heists in that one @SenorDingDong

2 Likes

Some of the crew not quite being as professional as you’d ideally want, but hey, we’re in a desperate situation and he may be a hothead but he’s the best at what he does