Rolling Techno/House/Electronic/Dance Whatever 2020

I’m sure many heads will be aware of this already, but the mercurially talented Vladimir Ivkovic & Ivan Smagghe have a compilation of beautiful IDM coming out in January. Pre-ordered it as soon as it landed, obvs: https://aboveboardprojects.bandcamp.com/album/idmemo-a-future-of-nostalgia-vol-1

2 Likes

Nice set from Daniel Avery featuring Loraine James, Surgeon, Blawan etc

Recent R1 residency from Amelie Lens - slammin as ever

1 Like

Really recommend the GILA album that’s just come out (it’s on Spotify, expect the link below will be updated later today). Hard to categorise, mostly slower tempo grime/trap style instrumentals. FFO: Actress.

Appears that RA have spent their government funding on repurposing the site as somewhere to promote dodgy streams.

4 Likes

Have we covered the new Bambounou on AD93 yet?

TFTT is 11 minutes of pure inspiration.

5 Likes

Love this. The B-side is nice too

Reid Willis is on Max Cooper’s label and sounds a bit like slower Jon Hopkins. I’m really enjoying this, it’s got a great edge to it.

tom ravenscroft played this on friday, as did doc scott in his essential mix that night. uk drill inflected, sounds different to my ears. ivy lab- teacup…
Ivy Lab - ‘Teacup’ (Official Audio) - YouTube

1 Like

Another nice release from AD93 - new Avalon Emerson this time:

1 Like

twisted animator

3 Likes

Dozzy’s D&B EP is very good. First and third tracks are the standouts for me, close to that half-step stuff he plays when he DJs sometimes.

1 Like