Rolling techno/house/electronic/dance/whatever 2021

Did someone say the only way to listen to this was to purchase it physically or digitally? If so I might order it on vinyl.

Yeah he said on his Twitter that it’s not coming to Spotify etc. Think the vinyl is sold out on Bandcamp now though. It’s “forthcoming” at Juno, Bleep etc (for the same price as BC+shipping was). Presumably the LPs will have download codes. But that could be a while - when I ordered the LP from Bandcamp it said it’ll arrive “no later than 26 June” so not sure when UK distributors will get it.

1 Like

Cheers, I will keep an eye out for it. I buy my records from a Swedish shop called Bengans, but no mention of it there yet. They aren’t great with electronic music generally, so sometimes have to resort to Amazon Sweden, or ordering from the UK.

1 Like

Sorry, my bad just assuming you were UK. I’m sure it’ll be pretty easy to get hold of once it’s fully distributed everywhere. They must know he’s a big crossover appeal artist now.

Bloody hell!

Still haven’t heard all of it (it is quite long…!) but the quality and diversity here is incredible. Brilliant production too.

Oh to be in a dark, sweaty room dancing to Breathing Method. Would love to see him B2B with Objekt. What a pairing that would be.

Ben

1 Like

I’ve tried with Skee Mask but I just don’t seem to get what everyone else does from him. It’s all just so generic and devoid of personality to me - like, it’s pleasant to listen to but nothing stays with me from one track to the next, I never feel like I’ve just had ‘A Skee Mask Experience’. Barker, on the other hand, has a real signature to their sound, way more distinct.

2 Likes

Interesting interview with Skee Mask here about why the album won’t be on Spotify, he’s fairly open about how much he receives from streaming and sales so far of the new album:

5 Likes

Have we had this? I’m a bit late to the party as ever but holy shit it’s good.

RIYL Tsuzing, Pinch & Shackleton, maybe Vatican Shadow? Real heavy stuff towards the start but lightens up a bit as it goes through. Loving it

1 Like

Coincidence! I’ve just finished listening to that and about to hit play again. It is very good.

1 Like

It’s one of the guy’s from Lakker apparently, so I’m told.

1 Like

He’s 100% right about the recommendation algorithm on Spotify being a grim invention

1 Like

Pretty much decided I am going to buy some new gear and then bin off Spotify and just buy a few records each month instead. I know I am in an extremely lucky position to be able to do this though.

1 Like

Hildegard have released a 3rd track today:

Does anyone know anything about this act? When I tried Googling I ended up reading about a medieval polymath called Hildegard of Bingen!

1 Like

really lovely track that! There’s an article about them here - the project is inspired by that same Hildegard it seems:

1 Like

Nice thanks! 8-track LP coming out in a few weeks, think I will be picking that up :slight_smile:

Going to read more about this nun too as she sounds fascinating.

Japanese vibe lofi house

I don’t usually pay attention to the Dinked Editions, but this LP was announced yesterday. The pedigree and description sounded good, and I liked this.

1 Like

I see Moiré has a new album out today. Had completely forgotten about him, excited to give this new one a listen.

Some great chilled, post dubstep been hammering this.

1 Like

Skee Boi’s Essential Mix

6 Likes