Rolling techno/house/electronic/dance/whatever 2022

Enjoyed the Chloé Robinson mix that makes up the second hour of the show. Was curious as to what people make of her sound - her productions with DJ ADHD have been getting rinsed by a lot of people over the last year or so, and the music is a really distinctive kind of UK techno, with mega distorted kicks and a grime influence coming through too. Kind of reminds me of an updated version of the stuff Swamp 81 were doing about a decade ago when house, techno and dubstep were all getting smushed up together, adding a big nostalgia factor for me since I was 18 at the time.

Movie Reaction GIF

Recently discovered this John Talabot alias, and he’s only got these 2 tracks from 2016 as far as I’m aware. They’re quite good progressive electronic/microhouse-ish, and almost 20 minutes total. He’s got a few other alias and groups I need to check out.

2 Likes

Very much into this

1 Like

Think the whole album is excellent tbh, has really positive, uplifting energy to it.

She’s also done the latest Essential Mix, I haven’t listened to yet but looking forward to getting stuck in

1 Like

Another episode of room two is now up if anyone’s interested!

4 Likes

Enjoyed that! Certainly blew the cobwebs away.

1 Like

New heavy phonk-infused future garage.

Really enjoying this recent set from Inland

1 Like

Manuel Göttsching has died

2 Likes

Classic jungle sounds

Love this. Trancy techno with a bit of an Orbital feel and some great breaks on the second track.

1 Like

a propulsive rhythm built from silky breaks and overlaid with the sort of heart-aching and thought-provoking chords that will send you inward on the dance floor

5 Likes

Not really a proper end of year round up but plenty of my favourite tracks from this year contained within the latest room two:

4 Likes

Looking forward to this! Mor Elian :heart_eyes:

1 Like

very sad.

I love this album - both the cover and actual music. Its sublime.

Listen to life by planet uterus on #SoundCloud

Seems to be a regular Christmas tradition. New mix/tracks from the Prince aka traumprinz, metatron etc.

Wonderful

1 Like

New Skee Mask!

4 Likes

Relaxing listening as I hide from extended family

Nasty beat for the annual new year trip.

1 Like