Rolling techno/house/electronic/dance/whatever 2022

Infinite Window soundtracked my lunchtime run today. For something so beatless, it works incredibly well. Today it kept reminding me of getting into the beatier Jan Hammer via my dad’s love of “Crockett’s Theme” in the 80s and throwing up lots of images of Hammer on keytar on TOTP. Will YouTube prove me wrong? Am I misremembering Hammer?

1 Like

Heat from Hodge. Been waiting for this one.

did this stop playing for you for about 10mins half way through? enjoyed it though, something a bit different

listened to your room 2 #4 set the other day also, really good, had more of a trance sound to it I thought

1 Like

New Avalon Emerson HÖR mix, which is excellent of course

3 Likes

I know it’s boiler room, but I really enjoyed this mix from VTSS

2 Likes

Will give this and Avalon a spin later cheers!

Also what does I know it’s Boiler Room mean? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Erm, I’m sure I’ve read some corporate crap about them in the past…

Ah OK, I’ve enjoyed a lot of their videos and had a great time at their Primavera stage (when it wasn’t collapsing)

1 Like

Is anyone going to Waterworks fest (London) today? I had planned on it but really can’t afford it.
Was mostly going to see Djrum as I still haven’t had the pleasure. And loads of others it’s really great lineup tbf

It was working fine for me I think but it does seem to lose sound for a few minutes in the middle now - shame.

And cheers appreciate it - a new episode to come next Sunday!

When it wasn’t bleeding sound all over the Pitchfork stage (which it was all the fucking time)

It didn’t spoil the stuff I saw on Pitchfork (The Armed, 100 gecs, black midi) but can imagine it wasn’t great for anything a bit more tranquil/ delicate

Speaking of Boiler Room that Fred Again set has really blown up, almost 6m views in a month!

Is it any good?

Yeah it’s excellent

Cool! I’ll give it a listen

Speaking of Fred Again… he’s just sold out two nights at Brixton before tickets went on general release, I think, with a third date going live tomorrow.

Also, completely unrelated, but I’m digging the new Plaid single. Always nice to have them back.

Tickets were due to go on sale tomorrow although was expecting them to sell out instantly. Also tickets for Leftfield at the Steel Yard (800 capacity) will probably go quick, although not quite the same demand! (also in sale tomorrow)

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed that Left field gig. Never managed to see them, but now have Fred Again tickets for that night, I think.

Last time I saw Leftfield I unwisely over indulged and had to leave after a few tracks to get some fresh air, then wasn’t allowed back in.

Missed Fred at Primavera, his stuff doesn’t really do it for me on record but reckon a live show with a good crowd would be very nice.