Rolling Thread For Complaining About The Heat šŸ”„

Itā€™s obscene, I just want to take my poor dog for a long walk. She hasnā€™t had a decent walk for literally weeks. :frowning:

It was quite nice sitting in the garden for a while, nice breeze and I was starting to feel cool. Now I am inside again and the room thermometer says it is still 31Ā° and I may be melting again :worried:

3 Likes

How dare they warn people that the heat might make people unwell!

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1021510449077080071

1 Like

Oh jfc they are actually the worst

Still hot

Thought I was imagining it for a second there, but no.

I hate this weather, but Iā€™d like it to still be like this on Saturday (pool party) and next Friday (hot tub orgy) but not next Saturday (tournament in boiling hot room with 55 boiling hot people in it)

My Google Alerts thing is now saying that it might get hot enough later in the week for road surfaces to soften/melt. Anyone enjoying this weather can fuck the absolute fuck off.

Sadly xylo hasnā€™t yet invited me to his hot tub :frowning: This is in Leighton Buzzard with my 2 best friends, my FWBs, a communist guy who wants to bang me (might happen at a later dateā€¦ heā€™s cute but a Lexiter) and another friend.

My mattress retains heat so Iā€™m having a great time tonight

I made the mistake of cooking salmon last night, which A) raised the already unreasonable temperature in the kitchen but more distressingly
B) triggered a biblical fly infestation that took hours to clear. No chance there would be so many flies in normal weatherā€¦

Dunno if itā€™s the same but Iā€™m often in Geneva when itā€™s 30-35 degrees and I think the fact that most buildings have shutters built into the windows makes a massive difference to how warm it gets inside

1 Like

Slept about 3 hours last night because of this godforsaken weather.

Starting to think that Mr. Burns was actually completely right to try and block out the sun in that episode of The Simpsons.

2 Likes

Posted this in a couple of threads here but gonna repeat it again: if you have sash windows, open the top AND the bottom. it honestly makes such a difference.

Anyway, love the photo at the top of this :doom:

Itā€™s been a mad summer eh? Nearly 3 months since weā€™ve had any proper rainfall in Sweden - forest fires everywhere

Is this the new normal? I mean, all those climate change predictions for 2050 and whatnot have already arrived havenā€™t they?

Iā€™ve a self imposed one (laziness more than anything though)

1 Like

Our estate has its own water tower which is running a bit low but it seems remiss to let all the flowers :cherry_blossom: die ā€¦what would the bees :honeybee: do then?

I mean, lawns can gtf but thereā€™s a whole plant/insect/animal ecosystem out there that needs hose pipe support

1 Like

Reckon most of Europe live in giant thermos flasks. Theyā€™ve figured out how to keep warm in winter and cool in summer.

Aargh everyone put a bowl of water outside their door please

1 Like