Rolling thread for when the Brits are at it again

Oh right, I did wonder why ‘bad old days are back’ was particularly ‘at it’.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yeah I worked it out once I saw the swapped headline.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SwimmersJackson/status/1380472590964297730?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

When I was like…let’s say 9 :no_mouth:, I used to get confused with this because I thought the loyalists were ‘loyal’ to Ireland.

3 Likes

not yet they’re not

1 Like

It’s a bit mad seeing one of my friends pop up in this thread :open_mouth:

1 Like

Didn’t know you and @harru were mates!

I was talking about Swimmers Jackson. :slight_smile:

I was making a glib pointless joke in a somewhat serious context, and immediately regretted my post :slight_smile:

:smiley:

i made this mistake yesterday tbh for exactly the reasons 9 year old @harru said. Also on different days my brain manages to convince me that unionists are either A) pro-UK, or B) pro-united Ireland

luckily when I’m being this stupid I’m just chatting shit in the kitchen rather than, yknow, posting my uninformed views for the world to see (DiS doesn’t count)

4 Likes

american brits at it

12 Likes

another classic

3 Likes

Hey mate, can you try not use dumb in that context, its ableist language.

1 Like

Oh yeah shit, good point - thanks for flagging it up. Was clearly a bit careless with my language there

Not sure if @moderators still edit posts but if so could you scrub that word from my post above, or swap it for “uninformed”? Ta

2 Likes

Of course we do! This is exactly the kind of stuff we’re here for :blush:

1 Like

Just remembered something in the last mod announcement about not responding to tags in threads since there was so few of you, but got the wrong idea with that one it seems! Cheers

1 Like

Felt this is a bit too non SSP to go in the COVID thread so here we are CW: Physical Violence

As much as I shouldn’t have liked it, there was something kind of wonderfully normal about that, particularly the sound of the blonde getting slapped and the crowds “ooohhhs” rather than trying to break it up.

4 Likes