Rolling thread for when the Brits are at it again

Even from a quick Wiki scan to shore up on the numbers here, that means they’re celebrating something which saw over 10,000 people become refugees of sectarian conflict in the 1920s (I did not know this previously) and directly led to The Troubles. Fuckin wave that flag, eh

1 Like

Didn’t realise this, always assumed it was strictly C of E

1 Like

I thought they paid lip service to other denominations at least.
Bit weird even to have a BBC show featured on one specific church even more so then.
Not that I watch it like ffs :laughing:

Not to mention the events leading up this.
Whole things really weird

1 Like

Very fash moves, not comfortable at all

Ah you’re right it’s supposed to be multi denominational, I always just assumed it was for the established church

Featuring a special performance by Daniel O’Donnell

It’s won me round

1 Like

Probably meant to book Jeffrey Donaldson :laughing:

They seem to be at this all time time, so I’m not certain it’ll go through this time. It would be funny to see Labour vote in favour of this though, that’d make me really laugh

2 Likes

Clicked through and saw this

and was just, “Of course the Tories have a guy who looks exactly like Patrick Bateman on this, of course…”

3 Likes

I prefer his twitter Avi
20210506_075234

3 Likes

Can’t believe you’re not familiar with the author of this timeless tweet

8 Likes

I have seen that and his hideous Twitter pic just never seen him in full Bateman cosplay before

2 Likes

Has his libel case against BBC News moved forward or did he decide not to go through with it?

Did they say his business card was disappointing compared to other Tory MPs?

2 Likes

No bit more boring and complicated than that. Think this is the original article:

Brits being cool for once

3 Likes