Rolling thread for when the Brits are at it again

This is my new favourite thread.

6 Likes

Changed my mind, Brits/English people suck

2 Likes

the brits and their organized ‘singing sections’ at football matches @ynot

On Thursday before the Bob Mould Band gig at the Electric Ballroom, there were a ton of people from Rennes who were in town for a game with Arsenal (some of them told us) who were doing the same thing on the street.

maybe it was just too hard to cross the NI border in the (checks notes) 5th century.

16 Likes

WALES GET OUT OF IRELAND

1 Like

Also we learnt that he was Welsh in primary school ffs but it’s enjoyable when The Brits think they’ve stumbled upon a great revelation

6 Likes

I’m confused. Hasn’t it been established St. George wasn’t English?

1 Like

Do you mean the Rennes fans were singing or the Arsenal fans were singing?

Or the Rennes fans were singing that they were a shed?

Nice of them to let the DiS football threads design a flag.

5 Likes

Well he was Turkish I think but…??

Well my point is that seems to be posted by a group of “You can’t have these British saints you filthy foreigners” group but another of the ‘British’ saints they seem obsessed by is also not ‘British’. Surely where a saint is from is entirely immaterial to which country picks them. Bunch of utter twats.

1 Like

Mate you’re gonna be saying he never killed a dragon next

24 Likes

I mean sainthood does seem utterly weird to me. That Sapiens book reckons saints in Christianity are the way that the religion allowed for a polytheistic type of worship within a monotheistic tradition.

St Brigid is the best Irish saint anyway cos my ancestors liked following/serving her so much that they made it my surname

3 Likes

And she has her own weird cross made out of rushes that they force school kids to try and make. Infinitely better than shamrocks

4 Likes

Oh yeah it is cool

(Even if it also has a slightly worrying sense of one of those not-a-Swastika-but-we’re-trying fascist group symbols.)

The Rennes fans were singing. My French isn’t good enough to know what they were singing about. All I do know is that they were from Rennes and they were all jolly and friendly.

1 Like

Daniel Hannan thinks the decline of Fianna Fáil must be down to the EU, because Ireland couldn’t possibly have any domestic politics of its own

2 Likes

oh, my mistake, he must know what he’s talking about after all

2 Likes