Rolling: weird house listings

Incredibly expensive late 70s/early 80s flat in Central London done up very weirdly at the time and seemingly never updated. Seems to be in an office block.

3 Likes

What an odd listing.

‘Features

• Purpose Built Building’

Call me a pedant, but aren’t all buildings purpose built?

7 Likes

It seems to be a penthouse stuck on top of an office block on the Inner London Ring Road too. I guess they mean as opposed to a building converted into flats, this has always been a flat.

1 Like

Terrible, horrible house that torments my eyes. These people clearly listen to electro-swing.

4 Likes

People who post on B3ta will love this.

I’m going to add some more- I’ve got a couple of friends who love weird house listings too, and they send them to me every so often

The student lodgings time forgot in my hometown- doesn’t say if they include the chairs. Seems to currently belong to the cathedral as far as I can see, so imagine the mothball and incense smell. Guarateed to leave loads of crap behind in the cupboards

2 Likes

Incredibly tacky mansion on the same street as the churchy student house. It’s the purple carpets that do me. Must have spent a fortune on the hideous furnishings.

The house also on the same street I was actually looking for that lead me to find the other listings. I heard the owners had died and it had been sold- there’s a community hall type place on the back of the building, and I’d remembered going to some things there when I was a kid, and I wanted to see what it was like inside the house. The same people lived there from 1961.

1 Like

David Lynch lake house

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1250-Miami-Path-Lake-Orion-MI-48362/120723338_zpid/

3 Likes

A witch lives here

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/97-Pine-St-Como-CO-80432

1 Like

Can’t find a link, but when my brother was looking for a place in Belgium, they found a suburban house that was entirely exposed brick. Like the bed in the master bedroom was built into the floor, in exposed brick

The back yard was overlooked by a massive crucified christ on the nearby church too

2 Likes

I saw a house in Australia like that too a while back- that looked like someone had made an 80s Neighbours set out of red lego bricks. I don’t seem to have the link any more though.

1 Like

I was having a look a few years ago and I saw the most incredible “flat” for sale in Reading. I wish I’d taken screenshots. It was literally the width of a single bed, although there was a sort of alcove with a sink and one kitchen cupboard, and probably not much more than twice the length of a bed, including the toilet. And it was an attic room so the ceiling was sloping. A claustrophobic nightmare. £60k. :sob:

1 Like

This one is much more dramatic and cooler than the house I was thinking of- but it still has that 70s shopping centre vibe in the lounge. I think it must have been a thing in Australia- I stayed in a motel in Tasmania that looked very similar.

1 Like

Another one in Australia that’s tastefully done up inside, but is also extremely full of bricks

1 Like

Was the Belgian house like this?

1 Like

That’s much nicer than the one I saw, it was more like this

But a lot more square, and less “architectural curiosity” and more “murder house”

1 Like

Yes. Exactly like that.

That might actually be it

In the Netherlands but right near Antwerp

1 Like