Rolling: weird house listings

“A whimsical space where you can let your imagination run riot”

No you can’t because some other prick let their imagination run riot and they had a terrible imagination.

always like stuff like this https://terriblerealestateagentphotos.com/

“What’s that being crucified in the dining room?” is amongst the questions raised by this cocaine nightmare house.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/101651198

Good to know how the last residents perished.

7 Likes

Imagine the heating costs for that place, must be freezing in winter

Also I’m not religious, nor have i had any bad experiences with organised religion, but i wouldn’t want to live in a former church that still looks like a church on the inside

• I would live in a converted religious building that still looked like what it was before
  • No thank you

0 voters

I feel like most religious architecture is very much designed not to create a homely, relaxing feeling.

1 Like

I clicked ‘no’ because I am also concerned about high heating bills

1 Like

It’s a very Grand Designsy type renovation isn’t it. In fact more Sarah Beeney circa mid 2000s. I’m sure it was very popular with aspirational thirty-somethings around then. The sort that would own and ride a fucking unicycle and toy penny farthing.

1 Like

That seems really dodgy. £325,000 in 2006 is staggering, and it just grows from there.

And liveable looking places in N1 were and are going for a lot less.

Not a specific house but this is hilarious/grim.

https://www.tyronash.com/Meet-the-Team

Wasn’t looking at the listings, bet there is gold in there though, was just from a tweet I’ve lost.

I’d really fancy being that close to the Wetland Centre. I’m off to check my small change jar.

2 Likes

i think it’s a pretty awesome house but all i can think about is how much dusting you’d have to do

I used to work with a young lad who had previously been an estate agent (can’t have been for very long like) and his first week he was turning up to work dressed like no. 4 there. It must be some kind of uniform

1 Like

Imagine the spiders in those high ceilings. You’d get like a line around the 7 or 8 foot mark where you can reach with the hoover, and above it, a mass of cobwebs

Looks more like some kind of upmarket conference place than a house

I’m hypnotised by Chloe’s botched lip injection. Hopefully it’s the kind that wears off.

1 Like

The decor is just horrible though, it’s pure tech bro. I also recognise the beds in all the guest rooms from “Ikea’s cheapest” range found in most rental properties so I imagine it’s one rich idiot living here on his own.

Quas looks like he’s just come off the set of that Tron remake.

1 Like

I follow the owners of this on insta, absolutely stunning. They’ve got an original built in indoor bbq and last week she live streamed cleaning and using it. Horrifying. There’s a jam jar screwed under it to collect the fat :face_vomiting: it filled the whole house with smoke

I do as well- did you see the horrifying video where they were sorting out the hot air heating, and found the whole boiler and tube system was absolutely full of black mould and they had to get the biohazard people in?