Rolling: weird house listings

It could be, I don’t remember the pool or the deer, but it was a few years ago now, and the rest of it looks familiar

I remember seeing a studio flat in Brighton where the toilet was behind waist-high glass blocks in the main room. No visitors there, and I’m sure that’s totally illegal. Wish I had screenshotted it.

There’s probably loads of them round there, and that’s the luxury version. Luxury murder house.

@aboynamedgoo that’s the Bible Belt of the Netherlands round there, right?

1 Like

Not at all.

Roosendaal is in the Catholic south of the country. The Bible Belt (or Bijbelgordel) is usually referring to the majority strict orthodox Protestant villages in central Netherlands.

Makes sense, those candlesticks are more Catholic looking.

You ever seen a house like this?

I just want a log cabin in the woods

3 Likes

The house has been built in the style of a traditional Dutch farmhouse. From the outside it looks conventional, especially given it’s located in the country side.

Exposed brick walls and wooden beams are a bit 90s fashion but not uncommon. I have seen moss green sinks in other bathrooms. A brick bed frame is very unusual though. And some people like candles. I’m not one of those people.

If I bought this house I would begrudge changing a single thing. I love it :blush:

Spotted this as thats incredibly reasonable for a 3 bed in central Edinburgh. Turns out two of the bedrooms are… lacking a wall and just open up into the main space?

(Also clearly was an Air BnB because they’ve used the same pictures from the listings lololol)

1 Like

Ones literally got a balcony the the downstairs bedroom! With just a blind to pull down :laughing:

Same :purple_heart:

2 Likes

That is genuinely amazing.

Think I’d suffer from permanent migraines and panic attacks if I lived there but pretty sure it’d be my sisters ideal home.

It’s got that air bnb thing too of absolutely no storage space for anyone who lives with more than a suitcase full of things

I like this, would live in it

My friend used to live in a flat like that, where her bedroom was a sort of mezzanine and open to the living room. Imagine having to negotiate with your housemate what time you’d go to bed and get up in the morning.

A friend of mine had something similar, it was a bit of a desperately need flat, this one is affordable situation. The flatmate who had the open room started out fine, but then got extremely controlling and health cranky. Like she decided she was going to start going to bed at 8pm and you weren’t allowed to use the kitchen after 7pm, nobody was allowed visitors, nobody was allowed to cook food she thought was “fattening” or had “too many smells” etc etc.

To be fair, having no private space must be a pretty reliable way to turn someone into a crank (my friend was ok afaik but she only lived there about a year)

1 Like

I was just thinking… 245??? For there?! … oh. They shouldn’t really be allowed to Mark it as a three bed :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

This happened after 2 months or so, so I think she was already like that.

1 Like

Also find it a bit disappointing when you get these beautiful old buildings that have been developed into mega modern flats on the inside. I wonder if they could have kept some of original features :confused: