Rolling: weird house listings

Reminds me of the time I stayed in a riverside AirBnB and the first thing I saw walking in was a gigantic picture of the property completely flooded, with no means of escape (it was in the middle of the river and we had to cross a bridge to get to it). Reassuring!

4 Likes

Was the last that creased me! :laughing:

6 Likes

Didnā€™t expect it to be Ā£10 mil.

Didnā€™t expect to see a kitchen like that in a Ā£10 mil home. (I know the likelihood of it seeing regular use is perhaps somewhat low, but still.)

3 Likes

Ā£60,000 a year service charge! So thatā€™s Ā£10 million to buy and then Ā£5,000 a month for a flat you actually own.

5 Likes

Six toilets though! And you after you cook something in your weirdly narrow kitchen, you can take it upstairs or in the lift to eat it!

3 Likes

Ā£10,000 pa service charge per toilet sounds reasonable now you put it that way.

5 Likes

:rotating_light: leasehold klaxon :rotating_light:

(Which makes the charges even less justifiedā€¦)

6 Likes

Oh of course.

The whole thingā€™s a complete scam, but at least in this case the victims are plutocrats themselves.

1 Like

Thereā€™s servants quarters next to the kitchen, you donā€™t cook

Oh thatā€™s Staff accommodation on the floor plan - I though it was Stuff accommodation, like a big room to put loads of stuff, nice (with three toilets)

1 Like

That master bedroom is wild

So you can either go out into your dressing room and then into a bathroomā€¦or out into your study and then into another dressing room and another bathroom.

1 Like

Actually when I look at the floor plan and that picture, which seems to show a stair case going off to the side, I think thatā€™s not the kitchen but the weird landing kitchen to the side of the main kitchen where Iā€™ve drawn the blue X

WTAF?

So many photos and so few of the key areas of the flat that would make some sense of the layout.

4 Likes

I think the kitchen picture is to the right of where you have put the blue cross. The photographer is standing roughly where the ā€˜kā€™ of kitchen is and pointing downwards as the plan is oriented. So the kitchen is an upside down L shape and the picture just shows the thin bit of the L that points down.

There are not many pictures of that floor at all, which is obviously one just intended to be for your staff.

No because you can see a hob in the top down view on the plan but none in that photo, plus the sloping side wall is clearly the roof and you can see the top floor living area:

Iā€™m guessing they donā€™t show the kitchen or any of the ā€˜staffā€™ areas because they assume whoever buys it doesnā€™t care what those are like.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Presumably when you go home youā€™ll be able to return to the 36 chambers?

7 Likes
19 Likes

:notes:He put theā€¦

3 Likes

Know itā€™s the design but the bookshelf appearing to buckle under the weight is very pleasing.