Rolling Winter Wrestling Thread 2020 (including Wrestle Kingdom 14 and the Royal Rimble!)

Carlos Colon

A lot of fire in this youngster

4 Likes

Just looked at the elimination chamber card, lmao are these guys for real

1 Like

can’t wait to see braun single handedly squash three of my favourite wrestlers ever

(rest of the card looks ok to me tbf)

I’m here for Daniel Bryan vs Gulak and Styles vs (Mr.) Black.

1 Like

Only learnt this weekend that the Chikara ant team was gulak and orange cassidy, absolutely freaked my nut.

1 Like

come vote

1 Like

Oh God I’m excited for this, thanks @AQOS!

1 Like

So remember the two execs that were sacked for no reason? They’re now apparently part of a lawsuit against wwe, mostly for lying to their own investors over the Saudi deal (apparently they’ve not been paid for the last few times they’ve gone, there’s no outward expansion into markets near Saudi as promised, and that attempting to cover up that plane hostage situation). Also as it kind of looked on the surface, that their big stock drop off last year was essentially massive insider trading. Bad news.

tl;dr give it 2 years and Disney will be snapping up the whole lot at a bargain price

3 Likes

Oh btw Elimination Chamber was a surprisingly much better show than it had any right to be

Seems to happen most of the time when they cock up the booking in the lead up to a B show.

2 Likes

What was every bodies opinion on the women’s elimination chamber? I like what they were going for with making Baszler look like a killer, but the execution for me didn’t really work. I think she finished most of them off to quickly and the waiting around was too long. Would have loved her to play around with Morgan a bit longer, like a lion with a piece of food. Bit of a shame Baszler didn’t cut a promo when it was Morgan and Asuka in their pods

I thought it was perfect and she did have that effect of being a predator either animal or horror monster film wise. Most fans will be pretty new to Bayzler so this was the time to make her legit. It’s all there to build up the fight with Becky and I’m here for it.

I kinda loved her just prowling around for minutes on end, its quite rare for wrestling to just give a moment space to breathe and take in what is being out across.

Archer confirmed as Jake’s “client”, the best move imho. Looking forward to next week, think we’ll get Brodie Lee showing up.

1 Like

Heard WWE are ordering wrestlers to start matches with an “elbow and elbow” tie up from hereon on

1 Like

Smackdown from the performance centre (presumably being cheered by trainees?) might be excellent bants. As for Raw, who knows? Mania?
Next week’s Dynamite will be coming from Daly’s Place, their weird amphitheatre Tony Khan owns in Florida, with a restricted attendence. Apparently Big Tone has told all talent & staff they don’t have to work/travel if they don’t want to, so we could be seeing some p mad matches there too.

Surely there’s no way that’ll go ahead in it’s normal format. Think of all the piss breaks you need in an 8 hour show and how many unwashed hands there’ll be.

1 Like

With the amount of people who make it a vacation from here, Australia, Canada etc etc Trump’s plane restrictions will mean it’ll be a halfway empty arena as it is.

Smackdown in the PC has been a laugh so far, HHH “shooting” on everyone to an empty room

Looking like the Ethihad!

Watched 15 minutes. HHH going off like Kevin Nash on commentary was gold.

1 Like