Rolling Wrestling Autumn 2018 thread

It’s Autumn now, which can only mean one thing; HELL IN A CELL! Just so it gets remembered in time for the rest of this thread’s life, let’s have another look at that poster:

Lovely stuff, very Tekken 3.

Also coming up in this period we have:

WWE Super Show-Down!!! which is on the morning of my birthday, so might watch for a giggle, even if I do not give a shit about seeing Taker vs Trips in 2018.

WWE Evolution!!! the first women’s exclusive PPV from WWE, which I think everyone is really hoping to be a success.

NXT Take Over: WAR GAMES II This was a blast last year, can’t see it being much different.

Survivor Series always a potential stinker this one, but it can also be a pleasant surprise

And then if we feel like keeping the next thread purely for Royal Rumble build we can also include TLC here, but we can discuss that when we come to it.

I’m sure there’s probably much more exciting stuff coming up in Japan/ROH too.

So, next up, let’s have a look at those tasty, tasty cards

Rolling Wrestling Summer 2018 thread

They’re off back to Saudi soon where it looks like it might be Undertaker V Michaels

bad enough having one big old man taker match per year, now we have multiple big old man taker matches, against all his old man friends

For so much $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I quit the network this month. Might dip in every time one of the big PPVs comes round and catch up with the last few at that point or something.

2018 WWE Hell in a Cell matches

WWE Universal Championship – Roman Reigns © vs. Braun Strowman (Hell in a Cell Match): Mick Foley special guest referee

As we’ll see, a lot of the matches on this card are pretty hamstrung by the upcoming PPVs, meaning HIAC has the potential to be completely forgettable and pointless, HOWEVER, this one isn’t as The Shield lads are signed up to take on Brauny, Dolphy and err, Drewy at the MCC. That said, can’t see anything other than a Reigns win, cool as it would be if Braun just destroys the fucker. Dunno what Foley adds to this.

WWE Championship – AJ Styles © vs. Samoa Joe: - This match is happening again in Melbourne, so expect a bullshit finish.

SmackDown Women’s Championship – Charlotte Flair © vs. Becky Lynch: Lynch has been amazing since turning heel, but this is also happening in Melbourne (expect me to say this a lot) and probably Evolution too, so no way is anything getting decided here.

Raw Women’s Championship – Ronda Rousey © vs. Alexa Bliss: Rousey’s gonna steamroll Bliss again, confirmed by the fact that Bliss is already signed up to take on Trish Stratus at Evolution for some reason, rather than a Trish, Lita, Mickie James triple threat which would make much more sense to me, personally (the latter two are in a singles match already confirmed).

Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton (Hell in a Cell Match): Neither are currently booked for Melbourne, which suggests Jeff’s gonna do something insane in this match and then take some time off. Question, shouldn’t Shinsuke be defending the U.S title here?

Daniel Bryan & Brie Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse: This is fine, it will be a good bit of fun and is the only match actually enhanced by future booking, as D Bry and Miz’s match in Melbourne is for the #1 contender for the WWE championship, which given the four potential people involved, is mouthwatering however way you look at it. I assume that will happen at Survivor Series.

Raw Tag Team Championship – Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre © vs. Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose: This should be good fun, can see The Shield winning so they can have ALL THE GOLD again for a bit.

SmackDown Tag Team Championship – New Day © vs. Rusev Day: Also should be great, there’s so much banter potential between these two, only shame is they’ve had no time to build that. Spoiler alert though, New Day wins and takes on Sheamo in Melbourne

Other general note; WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING TO ASUKA? :confused:

Probably the busiest couple of months in it’s history of live events. Good timing

I kind of wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t for the fact that they’re not going to be a patch on the series he did at Mania towards the end of the streak.

gonna have to be to bring Michaels out of retirement

WWE wasn’t ready for Asuka.

(it’s baffling how they’ve used her tbh. She went from being an unstoppable monster to a clueless idiot in the space of a few weeks.)

But she can’t speak English!

She doesn’t fucking need to. She gets across more in 2 seconds of taunting in the ring than Nikki Bella has in her entire career. And she’s bloody terrifying when she starts to rant in Japanese!

slightly odd that (as far as I can tell from the few bits I’ve watched since summerslam) the most intense / personal rivalries are becky v charlotte and aj v joe yet neither of them are in the cell

absolutely, both would make way more sense, but no let’s have Jeff half kill himself in a pointless mid-card feud.

4 cell matches would be overkill.

Think this is one of Jeffs swansongs and he’s gonna do something ridiculous and Roman has to be in the main event.

Was listening to a Bruce Pritchard podcast and he was saying how originally the tv show that predated raw was essentially advertisements for live shows. I guess it’s becoming that now too

Probably all change with the new TV deals next year. The PPV’s will be build for the TV show then i think but Vince is always gonna Vince

yeah wasn’t saying they should be in addition to the other ones. I get the logic of doing the two they are doing, but they haven’t booked the feuds in a way that (kayfabe) justifies them being cell matches. think this is part of the problem with HIAC being a ppv rather than just a match you can roll out as and when you need it

They’re wasting Braun v Roman in it because it’s got fuck finish written all over it. Should be finishing the Charlotte v Becky feud up in it

Do we think they’re going to rush Charlotte v Becky so they can do something else for Evolution then? Would only be the first 1 on 1 match they’ve had in this feud.

100%. roman vs braun in a cell would’ve made sense (and been really good) back when they were tipping ambulances and all that, not so much now

nah I think it will run until survivor series/TLC. I mean if rumours are to be believed about Charlotte vs Rousey happening at Mania then Becky might even win it eventually.

Then Charlotte wins rumble, obvs