Rolling Wrestling Autumn 2018 thread

Rewatching Summerslam 13, that was a really good show wasnt it?

3 Likes

Punk vs Lesnar and Bryan vs Cena are both absolute classics.

4 Likes

For an era that has a really bad rep (not unreasonably), Bryan and Punk both bumping around the upper Midcard meant there was always something watchable.

They brought it into the current era

1 Like

Often think AJ Lee doesn’t get enough credit for her work during that era as well… The only woman except Stephanie McMahon I can remember who spent years around the top of the card on her own merits rather than just as a valet/prop.

1 Like

Del Rio vs Christian is also a hidden gem

1 Like

think del rio had more good matches than people generally remember, maybe because he’s a berk or his character was a bit boring idk. really liked the matches with roman where they just beat the shit out of each other

2 Likes

Meant to post before TLC but yaaaaay Asuka! (Great match as well)

Winter thread comes soon!

1 Like

Gonna watch this evening. All the more the fool of me by readong this thread because i had an alert

1 Like

Oh, sorry :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Managed to stay up for the first couple of matches last night. Thought it was hilarious the way the COUGH announce team COUGH were kayfabe trashing Boring Carbon for running Raw into the ground.

2 Likes

Had a feeling they’d stick it on her, makes the rumble match next month way more interesting (had Becky won it would have surely been Charlotte’s Rumble to win, and vice versa). Still probably will be Charlotte that wins the Rumble and challenges Ronda at Mania but they could swerve it…

Whaddya reckon on the Raw tonight with Vince then, perhaps a little mix up of some of the rosters?

1 Like

I really hope we get vignettes for r truth and carmellas vacation

1 Like

Oh man i marked out so hard during the corbin tlc match

really?

Yeah, just a good bit of babyface payback innit, simething wwe rarely achieve

Ditto the natty match

the new ‘then, now, forever’ thing is too fucking long. I mean, obvs raw and ppvs being too long is a bigger problem but still, so unnecessary

they were both horrendous… the whole show was a total struggle until it got to the main event matches and spoiler one of those was very disappointing indeed.

Like how is Nattie suddenly great enough to defeat an entire stable on her own means she should be a title contender right? Also wtf is this “tribute” shite about, she already paid her respects on TV WHY IS THIS A STORYLINE

Annnnd WHY ARE SO MANY FACES GANGING UP ON CORBIN, WHERES LASHERS AND MCINTYIRE? AND WHILE I’M AT IT WHY THE FUCK IS MCINTYRE’S LOSING THIS?

Thank fuck there were two amazing matches and one very good one towards the end of this show cuz the first hour and a half was one of the most tedious bits of TV WWE’s done all year

hate when they reveal the number 30 entry ahead of time. wondering who it’s gonna be is the best bit of the whole thing

2 Likes

also FFS at those choices. Can’t fucking believe that match opened the show. grrrr