Rolling Wrestling Summer 2018 thread

can’t remember the specifics as I’ve not read them in ages but the gist was that mero was getting paid a lot more than him and he was really bitter about it, so he repeatedly uses him as an example of less talented guys getting pushed ahead of because of their look, that kind of thing. think he apologises for it in his second book.

I went to the NJPW show in Manchester last night and it was amazing!

Excellent atmosphere. Okada vs ZSJ is an absolute blinder! The best match I’ve seen live without doubt.

3 Likes

what sort of crowd they getting? sellout?

David Starr tweeted that it was 3000. If you follow @allan_cheapshot on twitter, he’s very well connected and thought the numbers were legit.

As of 2 days before, there were 27 tickets left for Altrincham. Pretty impressive with no Elite or LIJ

2 Likes

Thats a pretty impressive crowd TBF as it wasn’t overly promoted either.

Wrestling in the UK is deffo entering a boom period and NJPW international expansion is proving to be pretty successful so far. Hoping the Progress Wembley arena show does well so it’ll start to encourage some larger shows to take place more often.

I found the lack of promotion really weird. Some people were a bit critical before the show that it was a glorified Rev Pro show, particularly with the card lacking LIJ and the Elite. I can see why they would think that, NJPW made absolutely no mention of it on any of their social media. Strange when they have these ambitions of global expansion. Tell people you’re doing these big shows. Even though they had already sold out, self promotion is still a good thing.

I didn’t even realise they were in Manchester. Bit gutted really. Looked very good.

Smackdown was really good.
Team Hell No: Still a very funny act. Kane and Daniel Bryan are gold together

2 Likes

2 Likes

Raw is in such a sorry state right now

also:

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/MsCharlotteWWE/status/1014700091079364614

:smiley:

4 Likes

which ties in nicely to the next OSW episode on Sunday!!!

oh nice, was thinking we must be due one soon. what is it? rumble 93?

First RAW I think

1 Like

The main event of this week’s 205 live main event is deservedly getting a lot of love. Mustafa Ali is one of the best faces is the whole company imo, character work and promos included.

1 Like

not watched it yet but ali/murphy is low key one of the best combos / rivalries in wwe

I’m just watching this now, it’s great!

Just wondering though, are they on the card for extreme rules? Because this is very much a ppv quality match, feels like those two have put this together to kind of say “we deserve to be on that card, this is what we can do”

Omega has pretty much said he wants to work with WWE on JR’s podcast

1 Like

I really took a shine to him during WM, and yet haven’t looked up any of his work since. Must rectify that.