Rolling Wrestling Thread

Aj vs KO is good despite Shane, and the women’s matches were decent, don’t think you need to bother with anything else though

Just wanted to say it was super cool seeing Almas finally hitting his stride in nxt. Reportedly his confidence was super low because he wasn’t getting over, but the guy is a demon in the ring

2 Likes

cesaro going into the crowd to wreck their stupid beach ball was the highlight, followed closely by the big boy bonanza main event.

also, +1 to the manny andrade fan club. was clearly always great but his original gimmick was doa, glad they’ve sorted that out.

1 Like

THE BEST

3 Likes

this is why he can’t turn heel.

That was inspiring. I shouldn’t have watched that while chopping onions

1 Like

Oh my. When he whispers at the boy to stop and hugs him :sob:

2 Likes

Dunno, being a cunt to Corbyn was kinda heel

I love him.

Not buying that Fatal 4Way. One guy’s finisher was a running powerbomb, another’s a variation on a sleeper hold. Weak.

Finally finished watching Summerslam and have to agree with you about Rusev. I remember his debut at the Rumble a few years back and he just completely reminded me of a Bam Bam Bigelow type. He can talk, has charisma and can wrestle a damn good match.
Make him the classic bad guy foreigner and he will do 10 times the job that Jinder is

3 Likes

Not sure if you’re serious, but I love people using old finishing moves that have become regular moves and and now using them again as finishers. I really want someone to use the swinging DDT as a finisher, as to me, that looks pretty awesome.

1 Like

Went to wcpw last night. Was a decent show then the last 3 matches were phenomenal.

War Machine are amazing in the flesh; massive, hard hitting and agile. They were meant to be fighting the briscoes but jay was hurt so it ended up mark briscoe and jay lethal v war machine

Rey Mysterio v Richochet was some great flippy shit

Scrull v Osprey was a cracker, can tell they have worked together all over the world

3 Likes

he did just get whacked with a briefcase though. I think that warrants being a bit of a dick about it

Oh I get it kayfabe wise but this was a proper burial

If someone running powerbombed me i’d stand straight back up. A finishing move has to be what it says on the tin. It has to at least give the impression that it could temporarily daze a 300lb 'roid freak.

I dunno, I watched a UFC compilation of the best knockouts and one of them was by a legit powerbomb

edit:

Mae Young Classic is up. Pardon my lack of female wrestling knowledge but that German (sorry also watched without audio) has the IT factor. Has a look and style that is desperately needed in the WWE womans division

First episode was good, I really didnt like Lita on commentary and JR trying to set her up for some colour commentary and not taking cues was painful to listen to (this is why I muted it)

1 Like

yeah the commentary is woeful. jazzy gabert is your german, and she deffo looks like a star doesn’t she (looks a bit like a lady ludvig borga, which is pretty cool imo). not sure if they’ve signed her, but they absolutely should do. really liked that when they went for the ol’ “reverse a submission into a powerbomb” thing and messed it up, she just moved onto another submission rather than trying to repeat the spot

I watched all 4 shows in one sitting and had a great time, Marti Belle Vs Rachel Evers was the only bad match… it sloppy mess with awful timing and poor selling, I’m glad they decided to keep the greatest elbow drop in wrestling instead of retiring it because Bayley has a very average looking one.

I’m literally on that match now :frowning: dunno what’s happened to evers, she’s looked alright when I’ve seen her before but she had that right clusterfuck of a match from the last botchamania vid recently too

1 Like