Rolling Wrestling Thread

just watched this. total bollocks of course

meant to reply to that post to tell you it was garbage, could have saved you from it, sorry brother. you gonna watch the russo’s revenge one? can’t remember what show it was on but it used the ready to rumble three tier cage

WCW’s cages always looked like they were made of twigs, and the booking was a mess, but it was still cool :smiley:

Nah it’s fine, a pal of mine and I had actually just been watching late '98 WCW anyway, me out of morbid curiosity and him out of nostalgia an original WCW mark. I’d seen the Warrior bollocks involved in it before anyway. Also if it makes you feel better, I really had it on in the background while I was writing about Allen Ginsberg ‘Howl’ because I embody high AND low culture simultaneously.

I’ve watched Russo’s revenge because OSW covered it!

oh shit did they? I know they did the world title one with davey arquette and kanyon’s (:frowning:) massive bump , didn’t realie they did the war games as well. will watch that later

oh no sorry I meant they briefly cover it within that episode

ohhhhhhhhh. shame, a full episode on that would be great, it’s soooo russo

bro, ok, everyone’s the champion, nobody’s the champion

Who’s watching war games tonight then? I want to but that extra hour CET start is a PAIN

Well that was WILD

Watching it now. Not seen much nxt recently as not had the time but the roster right now seems the strongest it’s ever been with a huge amount of depth and variety in gimmicks and styles. Velveteen is a proper creepy version of Rick Rude and I love it.

Think that was probably the best takeover special to date. What a show

great show. I dunno if we’re getting a dusty classic this year, but I would be ALL IN on a velveteen / black tag team.

So who’s excited for/watching Survivor Series then? I might re-watch last night’s madness before.

Obviously the hugely stupid thing is that’s all about “supremacy” rather than titles, but there’s a good chance of some big Mania angle starting tonight

here’s yer card:

Enzo Amore © vs. Kalisto Singles match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship

The only title match of the night is on the pre-show of course, and it seems, is the only match there despite it being TWO HOURS long?

Enzo’s a wee gobshite, but it’s making him very easy to book. Can picture Kallisto outclassing him but Enzo stealing it.

Main Show:
Intercontinental Champion The Miz (with Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas) vs. United States Champion Baron Corbin

These lads have had some fun twitter back and forths, which apparently constitutes a build these days. It’s also a heel vs heel match which will be odd, though Miz is super over these days so should be fine. Miztourage to help the IC Champ win.

Team Raw (Alicia Fox, Nia Jax, Asuka, Sasha Banks, and Bayley) vs. Team SmackDown (Becky Lynch, Carmella, Naomi, Tamina, and Natalya) 5-on-5 Survivor Series elimination match

Hard to predict with these matches really, last year Raw’s women won and… if we’re going on who has the superior roster, probably should again? Maybe they’ll switch it up, whatever, it doesn’t really matter as long as they get a bit of time to build.

Raw Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss vs. SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair Non-title champion vs. champion singles match

I doubt they’ll put two women’s matches in a row (this one will be later I reckon) but that’s just the order I’ve c&p’d. This has the potential to be a great wee match, stake-less or not. A quick google suggests these two haven’t had a bout since the 2014 NXT women’s (Diva’s, lol) tournament, both of whom (esp Bliss) have improved ten-fold since then. I reckon both will be into putting on a show here and could go either way, I like Charlotte to keep her good will vibe going.

The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and Seth Rollins) vs. The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and Xavier Woods) Interbrand six-man tag team match

This will be weird but it will also be super-over so fuck it. The New Day proved in their Usos feud they can go BIG when called upon, so this should be a fun, spot-heavy match. I’d be very surprised if Shield lose mind.

Raw Tag Team Champions Cesaro and Sheamus vs. SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos (Jey and Jimmy Uso) Non-title champion vs. champion tag team match

I want to be mean about this match but the truth is everyone here and their respective teams have had GREAT 2017’s so fuck it, this could be great. Another Heel vs Heel match mind, but I think Usos might take this (probably to balance the scoreline if nothing else)

Main Events
Team Raw (Kurt Angle, Braun Strowman, Finn Bálor, Samoa Joe, and Triple H) vs. Team SmackDown (Shane McMahon, Randy Orton, Bobby Roode, Shinsuke Nakamura, and John Cena) 5-on-5 Survivor Series elimination match

This could/should be an even bigger enjoyable spot-heavy bollocks than last year, it makes zero sense as a match but fucking hell, look at that list of names, this could be amazing (and with a potential Owens/Zayn interference…)

Universal Champion Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman) vs. WWE Champion AJ Styles Non-title champion vs. champion singles match

Well, on paper, this is a dream match, but it just depends on if Lesnar can be bothered (he will win anyway so why not?) Lol at no Jinder on the card, could see him interfering…

What’s with all the non title champion Vs champion matches? Way to render half the card meaningless WWE

it’s a weird card isn’t it. not a fan of the champ vs champ stuff as a) whoever loses ends up looking like the “lesser” champion rather than being equals and b) they haven’t bothered sorting the alignments out so half of them are heel vs heel which could easily have been avoided with better planning.

shield vs usos should be great but feels like a bit of a missed opportunity, think it would’ve been more meaningful if they did it on another show where it was the only crossbrand match. both groups are over enough that you could probs make that the main event too

do you mean shield vs new day?

I do yeah. d’oh

Team Raw (Alicia Fox, Bayley, Charlotte Flair©, Nia Jax, and Sasha Banks) (with Dana Brooke) vs Team SmackDown (Alexa Bliss, Becky Lynch©, Carmella, Naomi, and Natalya)

god this is basically the exact same match without the Nikki/Natalya bollocks