Rolling Wrestling Thread

Well, I’m currently doing a bit of a revisit of this decade but selfishly I’m a bit too far in to suggest we all do it (watched Mania 29 again last night)

BUT my next self-proposed timeline was going to be the year I dropped out again, starting from Vengence 2001 (so after Invasion angle is done) through to WMXIX in 2003. In that time we get Brock, Rey, SD6, Cena, Evolution and Hogan’s mad face run

I watched this (again) quite recently and yes it’s amazing

Oh man I’d be very up for that, I was a proper wwe mark that year. Have most of it burnt into my brain.

2 Likes

:thinking: okay for those seriously up to it how do you feel about nominating timelines instead with each ppv being designated a week.

You can pick up to a calendar year to revisit. That sound good? We can start with Severed’s proposed Vengeance 2001 - Wrestlemania 19 arc and then we can draw names outta a hat for the next ones after that (which will be confined to a year).

1 Like

Right here are here are current DiS Wrestling Viewing Club (name in progress) plans>

WWF Canadian Stampede 1997 → 12th December

@Severed799 Wrestling Time Line [Post Invasion/Smackdown 6]
[maybe delayed by a week or two, if so these will be replaced by other random ppv’s chosen BY YOU! The fine people of DrownedInSound]

Vengeance 2001 → 19th December
Royal Rumble 2002 → 26th December
No Way Out 2002 → 2nd January
Wrestlemania 18 → 9th January
Backlash 2002 → 16th January
Insrrextion UK 2002 → 23rd January
Judgement Day 2002 → 30th January
King Of The Ring 2002 → 6th Feb
Vengance 2002 → 13th Feb
Summerslam 2002 → 20th Feb
Unforgiven 2002 → 27th Feb
No Mercy 2002 → 6th March
Rebellion UK 2002 → 13th March
Survivor Series 2002 → 20th March
Armageddon 2002 → 27th March
Royal Rumble 2002 → 3rd April
No Way Out 2002 → 10th April
Wrestlemania 19 → 17th April

Please feel free to submit arcs you fancy watching closer to the time, then we will have a vote to chose the next one. They can be as short or as long as you like (as they’ll be subject to votes as opposed to me drawing one out of a hat)

If @Severed799 isn’t ready to start his new timeline next week I will be asking for suggestions of shows until it’sready but so far the upcoming list of shows we will be watching are above. Of course you can dip in and out as you please :wink: you aren’t contratually obligated to watch EVERY show. Please keep discussion of shows to their week only though to keep the thread somewhat coheirant and tidy

it’s cool, let’s start next week (if everyone else is on board)

maybe a seperate thread for this then? keep this one for “general” stuff and a new one for graps club

1 Like

You forgot to switch to 2003 :wink:

as a bonus to Wrestlemania 19 I’d also suggest/recommend Kurt and Brock’s iron man match from later in 2003 as a little caveat in which to finish the era

oh shit, we’re going to have to watch that trips-steiner match :smiley:

3 Likes

But I’m scared the norms will gatecrash and make fun of us :frowning:

But your probably right. Can add polls and such so we can vote on what we thought of the show and matches like geeks

on the contrary, you should be welcoming them!

Just name it something boring like “the 2017/18 Scottish politics thread” and everyone except @TheWza will be none the wiser

love ya Wza :slight_smile:

1 Like

if we extend it by a month we get Goldberg vs The Rock…

Put it in the music section

3 Likes

Nòooooo

1 Like

if you want we can watch Steinermania rather than that match

1 Like

I love scotty. bit of a shame that that trips match (and the maths promo, which is brilliant) are all a lot of people remember him for. young scott steiner is one of the best to ever do it and big poppa pump before he got too big / old / injured to move was great too

Poor Scotty had an injured foot before they rushed him in to get buried by Trips :frowning:

1 Like