Rolling Wrestling Thread

nice!

Its also shot incredibly well. Jus watch it. Yknow u want to :wink:

knowing my form Iā€™ll fall asleep :wink:

Doooooo it.

Has anyone here been to a pro wrestling eve show?
Iā€™m off to their next show in a few weeks so would love to hear what itā€™s like?

Been to EVE once recently and it was a lot of fun. Itā€™s in a really small venue with everyone standing, so youā€™re really close to the action. I thought it was a bit like a really small Progress show in terms of the crowd and atmosphere. Seemed to be quite a lot of storyline/mic stuff as well.

1 Like

chuffed for them. They put on great matches, have a great look and are good guys

1 Like

Iā€™ma say it, AT THIS POINT it actually makes more sense and would be better if Nakamura didnā€™t win the rumble, because Rusev should win the rumble.

1 Like

I honestly hope he does. WWE Nakamura absolutely sucks. He has the same match with everyone

cuz they wonā€™t let him be himself right, king of ā€œmild styleā€ AMIRITE.

They usually do let guys get away with stuff at Mania though, I think him and AJ would fulfil the nerds match on the card

1 Like

Heā€™s a genuine star and is still treated as a special enough attraction to be in a wwe championship match at Mania, AJ is probably the only guy on the show as/more over than him.
Having said that if they let Rusev win the rumble and gave him a genuine storyline against the likes of Owens they could turn whatā€™s mostly novelty factor endearment into a major, long term star. But heā€™s not American so they probably canā€™t see that.

1 Like

Well same deal for Nakamura innit, he should by all rights be a long-term star but heā€™s not American so heā€™s probably never going to get a proper run. Itā€™s Great that Rusev has got himself over again (he deserves it) but will comedy heels ever get above mid-card/title?

Kurt Angleā€™s the perfect stencil for that, and I believe Rusevā€™s got the chops to do the same. Just pose him as a genuine threat, then slowly turn him by pitting him against heels the fans consider beneath him (Corbin, Zayn maybe). Make him more serious over time but keep the tendency to go goofy.

1 Like

yeah, potentially, itā€™s just whether they want to sell a ā€œnon-americanā€ version of it. I kinda wish him and Lana could drop the shite foreign patter given she is and he basically is American at this point

1 Like

Rusev is like the most likable man in the world. The fact he hasnā€™t had a baby face run yet is baffling

1 Like

Erm so Virgil is pretending to be Virgil van Dijk

1 Like

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/festive-football-thread/21513/704?u=severed799

haha just watched price check on a jackass which is still pretty brilliant and I remember pretty vividly from the time but thereā€™s definitely a lad in the store who thinks this is a good olā€™ fashion lynching

3 Likes

but this is why I find Shinsuke frustrating. Having a good match isnā€™t about kicking the fuck out of somebody. He has bags of charisma and I get that wrestlers have signature spots but every match is just the head on the chest and floppy arms, ā€œcome onā€ gesture, a few kicks, good vibrations, exploder, kinshasa.

Use that natural charisma to do something else. I have no interest in seeing the same thing over and over.

Heā€™s been phoning it in the whole time heā€™s been there IMO.