Rolling Wrestling Thread

I’m currently on that timeline and there’s a couple great ones:

vs Jeff Hardy, ladder match for the title on Raw
three-way vs Angle and The Rock at Judgement Day
Hell in a Cell vs Lesnar at No Mercy 2002

3 Likes

The Triple H trilogy too, I guess…

Yeah his Edge feud in 2008/09 was great

Original Hell in a Cell vs Shawn Michaels at Badd Blood 1997 is obviously his best match

2 Likes

the hell in the cell at WM28 is the only really good one against HHH

Yeah 2002 was an anomaly year imho
By 2003 he’s crap again

1 Like

Been a while since I’ve watched any of them but, from memory, I’d have the HIAC match in 2nd place. Preferred their match the previous year.

pretty much yeah.

His Mania match vs CM Punk is also one of my favourite matches ever

Also really enjoy Final Four 1997 but c’mon, any match with him, Austin, Vader and Bret is going to amazing

1 Like

Ah man that’s easily the worst of the three for me, think it’s really dull

Oh he also has a great match with Rob Van Dam at the end of 2001 which I think counts in this period as he was transitioning into Big Evil here

The hardcore match? That were really good yea

1 Like

only really rate the first of those trips matches. good shout with batista though, think that mania match is super underrated. they had a couple more good ones after that too iirc

other than that, the 4 way with bret, austin and vader; punk at mania; and that’s about it I guess. had an alright match with bret at summerslam that would’ve / could’ve been a lot better if it wasn’t overloaded with stupid stipulations

lads, was Batista any good? I stopped watching around the time he was at the top of the business because I found him, JBL and Orton really boring.

I still find Orton and JBL boring. Does Dave deserve a chance?

Didn’t find him particularly interesting, decent in the ring, had some good matches.
I tought all the big hitters from that era were stupendously bland

1 Like

it took him a while, but he got decent eventually. the taker stuff mentioned above is really good

think it’s because they all learnt how to main event from the worst version of triple h

1 Like

God we got it pretty good these days dont we, we should probally enjoy wrestling more than we do?

2 Likes

He’s like most very experienced really big fellas, put him in with great workers and you’ll get a great match. Expecting him to carry a match against guys like Albert or Giant Gonzalez and… hm.

DUDE GIANT GONZALEZ WAS RIPPPPPED

Such muscle definition

2 Likes

prefer him as an actor tbh but I missed that era so idk

no HIAC Mankind?