Rolling Wrestling Thread

Long shows and fewer non-title matches, presumably. I would be fine with it if I thought the weekly shows were going to play fair with the quality midcard performers, but obviously they wont.

1 Like

i’d have thought the longer shows would be accomodate the larger amount of titles currently available?

I can foresee the top carders on both Smackdown and Raw before long, with the midcard and jobbers collectively being given less time than NXT, as it was the last time the brand split collapsed.

Should go with 1 PPV per month, the big four remain dual brand, the others are single brand, BUT the signature matches (MITB, Elimination Chamber etc) include entrants from both brands.

NXT losing about $2m in the past few years is a strange one to me. Okay they run smaller buildings but it seems like there’s a lot of buzz around it constantly… I guess being on the road more and seeming to sign new wrestlers literally all the time seems to add up. Course the old arguments of the indieriffic style never drawing money are returning. Not sure.

Depends on how they’re assigning costs surely - some of the wrestlers they’ve put through NXT in recent years surely wouldn’t have been cheap and since it’s a developmental territory, if it’s that close to break even it probably worth sinking a bit more money in than it makes to give the wrestlers the experience of a full sized WWE production.

1 Like

the nxt roster is way bigger than what we see on tv - there’s all the ex college football players etc who are being coached everyday at the performance centre. think they always expected it to lose money anyway so I doubt that figure will bother them

1 Like

I even think twelve is pushing it.

Royal Rumble
Survivor Series (with proper SS matches throughout)
Wrestlemania
Summerslam
King of the Ring (dunno why they shelved it)
Night of Champions (every belt, both brands)

All four hours.

Two hour Raw and Smackdowns.

2 Likes

Four hours is too fucking long

And reardlesa of what they end up doing, can we never have a non championship champion Vs champion PPV again? It’s about the dullest idea they’ve had since they put Orton Vs Khalli on.

1 Like

Watching KotR '94. Mabel was fucking bad. Just read that he injured loads of people by refusing to learn moves properly.

This is awesome!

1 Like

This was the best wrestling match I’ve ever seen live. Glad they posted it on youtube, it’s stiff as fuck!

3 Likes

Mike Bailey’s wicked, like a living Mortal Kombat character. Shame he’s so fucking white bread looking.

1 Like

GUYS! Hell just froze over

Yeah this has been rumoured for a while. He was a definite big player in the Attitude era and has been a pretty influential figure in wrestling as a whole over the last 20 years so it makes sense in that way, but yeah you would figure him as firmly being in that blacklisted thing for daring to compete with them.
The speech should at least be interesting considering he seems to have (sadly) become a raving drunk in the past year.

I mean I dont think going into competiton with them would have been the reason he’d be blacklisted but rather he effectively held Vince up for ransom before leaving for WCW.

Could be a Triple H suggestion this time, idk, the Prichard podcasts have basically convinced me it’s just a random mix of whoever could create buzz and who’s available. Definitely don’t think Vince holds it in as high esteem as the workers do, which is a shame.

1 Like

the fed helped get him into rehab last year so I guess that was with one eye on this. quite funny how they’re working their way through the tna hall of fame though, if hebner hadn’t nicked that merch he’d probs be going in next year

1 Like

also on the on the jarrett ep of the prichard podcast I remember him saying something about vince not really holding a grudge against him anyway, and the final nitro firing was just character work as jarrett’s contract wasn’t one of the ones included in the deal

2 Likes

Still maintain Double J and Tennessee Lee were underrated aa to how funny they were

2 Likes