Rolling Wrestling Thread

do you want the match then? I’d rather taker stayed retired and cena put over idk balor or someone

Cena losing means nothing anymore, he’s lost an awful lot these past 6 months

During the Okada trilogy really wasn’t it? The first bout was classic heel Kenny, they’d viciously sneak attacked Okada and tried to take shortcuts. By the time the second one rolled around he was already the reason half the people were there which makes him being a heel kind of farcical, but by the last match he was wrestling much more of an underdog babyface style trying to prove he can win clean. The Jericho stuff really cemented it obviously because it was such a huge match and Jericho was so over the top evil :joy:

2 Likes

I just think Cena vs Taker is a better send off in terms of its big name quality for a final mania “moment” tbh, even though I know it wouldn’t be a classic match. But maybe they’re sticking with the “Taker can’t die” line by never truly announcing his “retirement”… but I’ve already seen the idea swimming around that Taker is the single entrant in the Hall of Fame when he goes, which will basically confirm his retirement.

I thought they were gonna go with Cena vs Elias as they’ve interacted quite a bit too, but given he’s off to Smackdown now I don’t know.

If we are taking this at face value and he is going to have a match with someone on current Smackdown roster, who we thinking? Does he get involved in either title? Does he attempt to hinder the jinder? Struggling to see where he goes now really other than Taker now they’ve mentioned it on air?

oh didn’t realise he was off to smackdown. then there’s only one option isn’t there

do the right thing john, give us the happy rusev day we all deserve

AGAIN?!

Can see them reneging on the Broad Strongman face push to put him in with Big Johnny Jorts tbh, he seems too big already to be piddling about with Miz

but Cena’s movng to Smackdown, away from Strowman (for now at least)

if he’s putting him over clean then yes, all (rusev) day every (rusev) day.

dunno who else there is really. smackdown is pretty terrible now anyway so whatever feud he has will probs be terrible regardless

ohhh righto, god knows then. shoehorn him in the shane/KO/zayn angle?

do you really see Rusev being put over Cena this time, regardless of how over Rusev Day is?

maybe he’ll win the cruiserweight tournament

4 Likes

Mmm, maybe but how? Not even sure what’s going on there, whether Zayn and Owens are breaking up already, is DBry going to be in ring? Tag match? Or as their champions? God Smackdown is grim at the moment

WAIT I’VE GOT IT…

2 Likes

Yeah it’s no secret it’s tanking, probably moving John over there as a bit of a cynical attempt to pop the ratings. So bizarre too, such great talent on there (a main event scene of AJ, Nakamura, KO, Orton with Zayn and Roode on the fringes would be more than enough with decent booking) but it’s all spent on fucking Shane and his honey roasted ham face

1 Like

as long as we get the AJ vs Nakamura match we all need at Mania I’m not too bothered at least.

dunno why they put a guy who cut the same promo every show for a decade in charge of creative (oh yeah, he’s friends with trips, that’s why) but it’s fucking tanked since he’s been in sole charge

big fan of how he’s seemingly turned into onslow from keeping up appearances though tbf

3 Likes

I know they’re not spring chickens but both men seem to have serious problems even getting tv time. One’s the fucking champ!

1 Like

Yes!

1 Like

I know, poor AJ, his current run as champion is seriously in the background of Shane/Bryan/Zayn/Owens

But fuck it, I’m sure the match will deliver