Rolling Wrestling Thread

agree with some of that. however, I think it depends on what’s happening with the story and the characters involved, like I don’t mind braun getting cheered because he does incredible stuff, I don’t mind the miz getting cheers because he’s funny and he isn’t a real vicious, nasty heel, more just a general scumbag. in this instance, cheering for ciampa is deffo smarky and imo hurts the show a little.

1 Like

Plus it’s the top belt in the entire universe. Clue’s in the name innit - no-one else has a Universal belt.

Like Kevin Owens, I still don’t consider a major world champ. Is he one? If he retired tomorrow would he be considered one?

1 Like

Every now and then I feel sorry for him but then he says or does or is booked to do something stupid and I’m like “yeah fair enough”

2 Likes

People cheered hogan after he ran over rock with a bus or whatever, sometimes you just gotta let their voices speak. People respect his work, make him a tweener.

Sufferin succotash

2 Likes

good shout, although his run was largely pretty “meh” and would be completely forgettable had it not been for Jericho

yeah I think him being a tweener down the road is fine, but in this specific moment of this specific feud he is / should be at peak heel.

also the cunt is seemingly being allowed to get away with having his own steroid rules

:man_shrugging: think the boat’s sailed, clearly tbh

yeah. I mean, I’m not going to get all jim cornette over it, I just like calling the crowd bitter nerds

2 Likes

What a fucking guy

2 Likes

If we’re going full Jim Cornette he’d say he appreciates the efforts but they do too much and they don’t look like they could whip someone in a bar so fuck them all

2 Likes

all in for your crushing on big hunky john

1 Like

He does seem like a very nice man, and he’s very charismatic and will probably have a great career in acting in the next decade or so, but he’s never made me want to see one of this matches. CM Punk has. Daniel Bryan has. Not Cena though.
This is kinda cool mind

1 Like

:cry: You’ll have to excuse me here… someone’s chopping onions in the kitchen at the moment.

4 Likes

Think he’s increasingly underrated in-ring tbh but yeah, it’s as a person I like him more than as a performer tbh

1 Like

Would actually say the opposite as far as his in ring work goes. In there with the best - AJ, Punk, Bryan, he’s brilliant. When he needs to carry a match : :-1:

2 Likes

arguably CM Punk and Daniel Bryan’s best WWE matches were vs big match john, m8