Rolling Wrestling Thread

don’t get that. he didn’t win (damn shame imo), had a cool staredown with taker (the fucking state of him btw. hopefully he’s in better shape come mania), protected bray and randy from having to do the breakup thing just yet, and made sure orton got cheered as the winner.

even if you don’t like reigns. he’s still a) a big fucking deal so of course he’s in the rumble b) was only in there for like 5 minutes of an hour long match

1 Like

HE ALREADY LOST A TITLE MATCH HOW MANY FUCKINH CHANCES DOES HE NEED WHEN THERES A MILLION BETTER GUYS OUT THERE

And to your last point, he was in the most important 5 mins I.e number 30 so I still think it’s a valid complaint

its that they built it up as the most unexpected Rumble, big pause before 30’#s music hit, all cameras on the entrance

thought the booking was a bit shit as well. it was only the old timers who seemed to eliminate anyone. noone really looked a threat

1 Like

bites tongue

1 Like

what about?

oh aye! craig noone wasnt in it :frowning:

2 Likes

I have edited my post to make it clear which HILARIOUS joke I have decided not to make

sure, but it if you enjoyed the previous 55 minutes then I don’t see how that last 5 undoes it all, especially when he doesn’t even win.

what other guys? balor would’ve been great but seems he’s not ready to come back yet. obviously we’re getting rollins-hhh at mania, so no point in having seth there to be eliminated by someone who isn’t hunter. samoey joey would’ve been good but allegedly he’s being lined up to face cena. if that’s true, then its the same point as rollins - why weaken him by having him thrown out by someone who he isn’t gonna be feuding with.

appreciate we’ll never be on the same page on this, since I fucking love the big dog. just surprises me a bit that people hate him that much that they get angry about matches he doesn’t even win

To clarify even with reigns somehow making it into the rumble which makes no keyfabe sense I thought this year’s rumble match was tremendous fun, a lot more memorable for the right reasons than any other in recent memory. But I’ve finally found that I’m not thinking of wrestling as this one determined sport and just going a long for the ride so find myself a lot more forgiving of the booking. Though of I put my smart hat on for a second, the reason they put reigns in to be eliminated by Orton was a) to set up his match with taker and b) it’s guaranteed that people won’t shit on Orton for winning. It also makes it highly likely that gray wins the title at the chamber to set up Orton vs Wyatt.

2 Likes

Also strowman looked amazing.

I was holding out for Balor or Joe (or Angle) even if they don’t win, I don’t think them not winning the rumble hurts them.

I don’t even really want Orton to win so just because Reigns was there to soften the blow doesn’t make it any better.

As @anon73286315 says, it makes literally no kayfabe sense for Reigns to be in the Rumble when he’s already had a title match that same night and is part of this relentless pushing of a guy with the charisma of an inanimate carbon rod without any reason other than “I’m the big dog/guy!”.

Him vs Taker is going to be extremely zzzz

I just, dunno, maybe this isn’t the show for me.

Strowman and big banter Corbin were both pretty great tbf

Shinsuke to Raw and Joe to Smackdown on the post-WM shows makes sense to me

1 Like

Stick to SmackDown and go to the toilet during taker strowman. I love wrestling and raw is bore is easily the most disposable show because the story writing and utter disdain shown for the audience there is tragic.

reigns taker no?

agree kayfabe wise it was iffy, but not the first time that has happened. angle would’ve been great of course but if he is to have one more match I dunno if you need to set that up via the rumble anyway.

also agree him vs taker most likely won’t be great, but let’s be real, taker vs anyone in 2017 probably isn’t going to be a great match is it

would be more than happy with that. would love a cena-nakamura match though, can just imagine the crowd losing their shit during the pre match staredown

just put him with Cena (or Styles, he could def get a match out of him) and be done with it arrrrg

And that, my friend, is why everyone is ragin’ :slight_smile:

It never ends. Remember when he got suspended? lol no me neither