Rolling Wrestling Thread

Aye, Justin Roberts has come out with stories of bullying - JBL responded on Twitter saying he was an idiot and no one liked him

Apparently the new commentator Mauro has left and JBL is rumoured to be one of the reasons

look at the front page of the Reddit wrestling page, its all there

Heres a moment to make things better

1 Like

Gosh the sound of that chair shot, beautiful

is that revenge for punching blue meanie at One Night Stand?

Donā€™t care what anyone says, absolutely love Stevie Richards, always have done.

1 Like

Yup thats exactly why he stiffed him on the chair shot. Didnā€™t even hit in the part with any give, straight up whacked him with the backrest.

Always got the impression JBL sometimes left it on certain people in the ring. Obviously thereā€™s quite a famous example of when he and Farooq did it in a tag match, but there were plenty of others. Maybe they were legitimate, idk, always thought he sort of pushed it a bit and was genuinely being over-physical, which iā€™m not that against, but it does kind of tie in with him being a bit of a nob.

Oh no itā€™s well documented that Bradshaw would stiff the living shit out of people and give newbies an especially tough time.

I never noticed how brutal jbls clothesline from hell was after the chair shot. Right to the jaw

That was against Public Enemy wasnt it, both put of a job after

Just listening to this podcast by a couple of the Guardian Football Weekly show. Itā€™s not badā€¦

https://www.acast.com/partsunknown

Is the old ECW worth watching? Intrigued to see some as I have only ever seen one show

Some of it is definitely, what have you seen?

Literally one episode ages ago that was on Bravo haha. I remember RVD taking a piledriver off Nova. Obvs seen a few clips but never any shows in sequence/PPVs

Ok well generally the considered ppvs (from memory) are:

Barely Legal '97 (the very first one, there a whole collection based on the build up to this on the network just now)
Living Dangerously '98 (has a very famous spot in it)
Heat Wave '98 (generally considered one of the best PPVs of all time)
Living Dangerously '99 (big moment for one of the mainstays)

Also have you watched the WWE One Night Stands?

1 Like

nice, Iā€™ll have a gander, thanks!

yeah I watched one of them, the first one I think where it was more ECW people? saw the second oneā€™s lineup and it seemed a bit weak

Second one is not as good but is worth it for RVD vs Cena alone

Cena throwing his t-shirt into the crowd on that show is legitimately one of the most entertaining things Iā€™ve ever seen.

2 Likes

The pioneer shop near my house used to sell ecw vhs tapes only when I was a kid, so weirdly I sort of got into it before anything else. This is one of the best original ecw matches imo
edit: itā€™s one of those self playing vids so fuck that, I meant the four way dance between Little Guido, Tajiri, Whipwreck and Psychosis at Heatwave 2000

This is just joyful as well

1 Like