Rolling Wrestling Thread

Quite enjoyed Extreme Rules.

I find Ambrose dull as anything and considering how stale his feud with Miz has got I liked their match a lot more than I thought I would. Not a fan of the hokey ref but I did quite like the ending.

The mixed tag was solid enough. Seeing Noam Dar in WWE is still weird. Nice to see Rich Swann get a good reaction. No idea how WWE managed to make somebody as infectious as Swann boring but this match was decent enough.

Forgettable women’s match.

Was falling asleep during the tag match.

Thought the cruiserweight match was really solid. Neville is really shining in his new role. I’ve enjoyed all of the Neville and Aries matches. It feels like time to move on although Neville has never had a really decisive win over him. Perhaps one they can revisit.

Main event was a really fun mad spotfest. Very happy with the winner of it. If Lesnar can be arsed, then a match with Joe could be pretty special.

2 Likes

Joe should definitely go over Lesnar right? Fulfils the exact same role but actually is there.

I reckon Lesnar wins but Joe is booked like a monster, the match should be the two of them kicking the absolute shite out of each other (if lesnar can be bothered)

1 Like

Not really watched anything recently but reading the raw results from last night I like how they’re pushing joe

1 Like

Yeah it was a solid ppv, nothing amazing but everything was decent and played well. Enjoyed the inventiveness of The Miz (YOU DESERVE IT), ALEXA looked amazing as ever squashing Bayley like it was Lesnar vs Cena, tag match was a good battle and I am glad about the result, Cruiserweight match was solid as ever and christ what a finish, and main event had lots of cool spots and a deserving winner, can’t complain!

1 Like

He’s been amazingly booked since he’s come in, just waiting for the fuck up…

Oh and the mixed tag was mercifully short

Can see them pairing Heyman with Joe. Should work

1 Like

did you see their segment together? that’s kinda what they suggested before Joe turned on him

joe’s a good promo anyway though, would rather they stuck him with someone who needs a mouthpiece (heyman x balor club please vince!)

1 Like

Fake turn, turns out he didn’t choke him. Bro.

2 Likes

HEH https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18951436_1587724794571901_3201296307238290957_n.jpg?oh=b8a5a3674525e0b62968883d0ff4334b&oe=59A38094

Was funnier as that botchamania boy with Gallows or Anderson (forget which)

just finished watching dominion, great show. the omega-okada rematch lived up to the hype, naito vs tana was v good, and takahashi vs kushida was an absolute war. the tag / jr tag title matches were both pretty decent too

think the neighbours probably heard me pop for kushida dropkicking the soul out of hiromu

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/873828194125795330

Hardly watch any NJPW but Dominion may well be one of my favourite ever wrestling events.

Okada/Omega was just spectacular. Everything you want from a wrestling match: drama, athleticism, suspense. Amazing stuff.

1 Like

yeah, all of the marquee matches really delivered. could maybe have structured the match order better as I was feeling a bit burned out going into the main event (soon got over that though).

think that okada/omega match was probably better than the first one. okada is having one of the all time great years, so many ridiculously good (and brutal) matches so far

1 Like

highlight of mitb was the singh bros clearly not knowing which one of the ringside legends was orton’s dad & almost doing their spot with larry hennig instead

2 Likes

Thought it was a good event tbh.

Men’s mitb match itself was superb, really enjoyed the title match as well. Tag title match was good, women’s mitb was decent until that silly finish. Good event.

yeah I enjoyed it, best main roster ppv for a while I’d say. too many screwy finishes maybe but the matches themselves were mostly good. the women’s mitb finish was shit in the moment but I assume it’s leading to something on tuesday, so I’ll allow it.

I’m right slow with it atm (and will be until they decide to use Nakamura like sensible people) but it seems a lot of the Smackdown ppvs result in people say it’s the best in ages. Happened at Backlash when AJ won the title too, and to a lesser extent Elimination Chamber.
Doesn’t seem to translate to the weekly shows very often though.