Rolling Wrestling Thread

Guys:

This segment was so chaoticly bad, it was good.

I have no idea who Lavar Ball is by the way - I thought he was to do with the PPV because his name is lava ball ffs

Heā€™s the outspoken dad of the kids there one of whom just got drafted by the LA Lakers, the reason heā€™s made a name for himself is because he chatted ALOT of shit LOUDLY (I.e ā€œmy kid is better than Michael Jordanā€) during the draft to anyone who would listen (which was everyone cuz ratings).

And cuz itā€™s trending and he sounded like an old timey WWF manager Vince probably thought the guy is hilarious and got him on.

Just read he used the N word?!

Wouldnā€™t surprise me, @profk will know more

His son did it seems, twice on TV

1 Like

yeah, was his son LaMelo

nothing that vinny mac himself hasnā€™t done before tbf

There are only two people better than me AND Iā€™M BOTH OF 'EM!

banger main event on nxt this week, nikki cross and asuka killing each other in a last woman standing match. wouldā€™ve been better if the full sail crowd wasnā€™t weirdly dead these days but regardless, really good match, worth checking out if you donā€™t usually watch the weekly show.

nxt seems to be beginning to pick back up again after a year or so off the boil. while itā€™s not the glory days of the neville / zayn / breeze / kidd era, there seems to be at least one really good match per week recently - ohno vs black last week, asuka vs cross vs riot the week before, itami vs lorcan the week before that etc

1 Like

you tossers (safety wink) convinced me to sign up to the wwe network. i guess iā€™m back on board the sports entertainment train for the first time in 10 years at least.

just finished watching asuka (:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:) v nikki cross. what a fucking match that was! apparently i have access to loads of matches from all different eras and ppvā€™s. any good recommendations for nxt/recent wwe classics? i hear cm punkā€™s feuds with jeff hardy and john cena (honestly) were amazing.

NXT is pretty fucking cool all round but asuka might be my current favourite thing ever.

1 Like

If you havenā€™t seen Cena/Punk from Money in the Bank 2011 do it immediately, donā€™t go to bed, do it now.

2 Likes

ha just cued that up. just quit my job so no threat of bedtime yet :wink:

1 Like

@Ruffers

holy. fucking. shit.

think i might have to stick CM Punk in my top 5 of all time tbh. like a great movie or classic matches from back in the day, it felt real, so intense were the performances. nothing felt scripted, yet every move had a purpose, every hold and reversal advanced the story. thatā€™s why wrestling is so fucking hard to do as a performer.

i even warmed to cena, especially when he decked mcmahonā€™s stooge (the guy who sounds like funkhouser from curb). thatā€™s the kind of unforced heroism they should have pushed him with from the outset, organic and integrated into the bigger narrative without overshadowing his opponent.

easily one of the best matches iā€™ve ever seen, and i was an obsessive during the attitude era.

oh and that crowdā€¦talk about audience interaction.

amazing stuff.

2 Likes

Hey I recommended this in your other thread too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Fun to see your reactions though, Punkā€™s matches vs Taker and Lesnar are both seriously worth watching too.

Careful though, the network is scarily addictive

1 Like

yeah itā€™s overwhelmingā€¦only problem is iā€™m watching it on ps4 and the app is a bit of a pain to navigate.

think i need a run of brock lesnar matches at some point (heā€™s a badass despite his flaky loyalty), come to think of it, so starting with the punk match would be a nice transition.

any good bray wyatt matches from nxt or whatever? i love his gimmick and his entrance but havenā€™t seen him go a full bout yet.

oh and iā€™m looking to watch lots of the new era womenā€™s matches. any tips? also hope asuka moves to main roster soon. have to love a tiny psychopath with rainbow hair and a penchant for gratuitous violence. a match between her and charlotte flair would kick ass (unless this has already happened in nxt?).

Oh also have you seen/know much about Daniel Bryan? Heā€™s the other guy up there with punk as the recent top boy on WWEā€™s roster, if you donā€™t Iā€™d say go from his matches with punk in 2012, his team hell no & ryback (lol) vs the shield (the other reason why wrestling was great a couple years ago) match, his match vs Cena at summerslam '13 and finally his run from Rumble '14 onwards. Plenty to keep you going :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Lesnarā€™ initial run from 2002-2004 is incredible (although lol at his ā€œfinal matchā€) his only other stellar recent matches is vs Cena at Extreme Rules '13 and Summerslam '14 (watch them together in order). His series with Taker starting at WMXXX is weird though their match at Summerslam '15 is pretty great.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve not checked to see if itā€™s on the network but Bryan had a gauntlet match with the Shield on Raw around 2013 and I think the whole thing ran for nearly an hour but that was one of the best things on Raw in recent years.

almost all of the NXT Takeover specials are great, even the more recent ones which have taken a dip in quality still have at least one MOTY contender on the card.

1 Like